Clinton County, Kentucky Records
Clinton County Cities and Towns include Albany.
A Map of Clinton County, Kentucky contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Clinton County, Kentucky Courthouse Records
Clinton County, KY Courthouse
The Clinton County Courthouse is located in Albany, Kentucky. Most records were lost in a courthouse fire in 1864. Another fire in 1980 destroyed some records. Learn More About State of Kentucky Court, Tax, Land and Probate Records.
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Clinton county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Clintond County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1852, Land Records from 1848 and Probate Records from 1863 - Will/Probate Record Request Form. The County Clerk has three main responsibilities. One is the recording of Land records, Probate records and Marriage Liscenses.
- Clinton County Clerk of the Circuit Court has Court Records from 1864. The County Clerk of the Circuit Court has countywide jurisdiction over major civil and criminal cases, divorces, and appeals from inferior courts.
- Clinton County Tax Information and Contacts. Some early tax schedules list watercourse, value and acreage of real estate, men over age twenty-one, young men between the ages of sixteen and twenty-one, slaves, and horses.
- Clinton County Elected Officials
Clinton County, Kentucky Census Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: Census Substitutes Index, 1810-1890
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Clinton County, Kentucky Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1911 to present
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from June 1958 to present
- Locations: Kentucky Office of Vital Statistics, Kentucky State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage or Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Office of Vital Statistics, Department for Public Health, Cabinet for Health and Family Services, 275 E. Main St., 1E-A, Frankfort, KY 40621.
Clinton County, Kentucky Resources
Clinton County, Kentucky External Links
- Kentucky Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Clinton County, Kentucky Books - Amazon
- Kentucky Vital Records Index
- Clinton Co., Kentucky - FindaGrave
- Kentucky Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Clinton County, KY History - The Kentucky Encyclopedia
- Clinton County, Kentucky Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Kentucky (1794-1922)
- Clinton Co. KYGenweb
- Clinton County, Kentucky Ancestry Database Collections
- Clinton County, Kentucky Military Records