Anderson County, Kentucky Genealogy Guide
|Other KY Resources|
| KY Birth, Death, Marriage, |
Divorce & Death Records
KY Ancestor Records
KY Military Databases
KY Data Collections
KY Historical Newspapers
Social Security Death Index
Create a Free Family Tree
Anderson County, Kentucky (Map It) was created on January 16, 1827 from Franklin County, Mercer County and Washington County. The county was named in honor of Richard Clough Anderson, Jr., Kentucky and United States legislator (1817–1821) . Learn More About State of Kentucky History
Anderson County is bordered by Franklin County (north), Woodford County (east), Mercer County (southeast), Washington County (south), Nelson County (southwest), Spencer County (west), Shelby County (northwest).
Anderson County Cities and Towns include Glensboro, Lawrenceburg.
A Map of Anderson County, Kentucky contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Anderson County, Kentucky Courthouse Records
Anderson County, KY Courthouse
The Anderson County Courthouse is located in Lawrenceburg, Kentucky. Two courthouse disasters, on 26 Oct 1859 and on 13 Jan 1915, resulted in some record loss. However, only Order Book D and Mortgage Book B were lost. Learn More About State of Kentucky Court, Tax, Land and Probate Records.
Please contact the each clerk's department to confirm mailing address, hours, fees and other information before visiting or requesting information because contact information sometimes changes. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. The documents are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Anderson county. The date listed for each category of record is usually the earliest registration filed. The earliest date does not indicate that there are numerous records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually registered.
- Andersond County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1827, Land Records from 1827 and Probate Records from 1827 - Will/Probate Record Request Form. The County Clerk has three main responsibilities. One is the recording of Land records, Probate records and Marriage Liscenses.
- Anderson County Clerk of the Circuit Court has Court Records from 1827. The County Clerk of the Circuit Court has countywide jurisdiction over major civil and criminal cases, divorces, and appeals from inferior courts.
- Anderson County Tax Information and Contacts. Some early tax schedules list watercourse, value and acreage of real estate, men over age twenty-one, young men between the ages of sixteen and twenty-one, slaves, and horses.
- Anderson County Elected Officials
Anderson County, Kentucky Census Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: Census Substitutes Index, 1810-1890
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Anderson County, Kentucky Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1911 to present
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from June 1958 to present
- Locations: Kentucky Office of Vital Statistics, Kentucky State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage or Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Office of Vital Statistics, Department for Public Health, Cabinet for Health and Family Services, 275 E. Main St., 1E-A, Frankfort, KY 40621.
Anderson County, Kentucky Resources
- Anderson County Historical Society, 114 N. Main Street, Lawrenceburg KY 40342
- Anderson County, Kentucky Message Boards
- Anderson County, Kentucky Genealogy Forum
- Anderson County, Kentucky Mailing lists