Allen County, Kentucky Records
Allen County, Kentucky (Map It) was created on January 11, 1815 from Barren County and Warren County. The county was named in honor of John Allen (1771–1813), hero of the Battle of Frenchtown in the War of 1812.
Allen County is bordered by Warren County (northwest), Barren County (northeast), Monroe County (east), Macon County, Tennessee (southeast), Sumner County, Tennessee (southwest), Simpson County (west).
Allen County Cities and Towns include Adolphus, Halfway, Holland, New Roe, Scottsville.
A Map of Allen County, Kentucky contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Allen County, Kentucky Courthouse Records
Allen County, KY Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Allen county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
A courthouse fire on 2 Oct 1902 destroyed some records.
- Allend County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1815, Land Records from 1816 and Probate Records from 1815 - Will/Probate Record Request Form. The County Clerk has three main responsibilities. One is the recording of Land records, Probate records and Marriage Liscenses.
- Allen County Clerk of the Circuit Court has Court Records from 1826. The County Clerk of the Circuit Court has countywide jurisdiction over major civil and criminal cases, divorces, and appeals from inferior courts.
- Allen County Tax Information and Contacts. Some early tax schedules list watercourse, value and acreage of real estate, men over age twenty-one, young men between the ages of sixteen and twenty-one, slaves, and horses.
- Allen County Elected Officials
Allen County, Kentucky Census Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820, Census Substitutes Index, 1810-1890
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Allen County, Kentucky Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1911 to present
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from June 1958 to present
- Locations: Kentucky Office of Vital Statistics, Kentucky State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage or Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Office of Vital Statistics, Department for Public Health, Cabinet for Health and Family Services, 275 E. Main St., 1E-A, Frankfort, KY 40621.
Allen County, Kentucky Resources
Allen County, Kentucky External Links
- Kentucky Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Allen County, Kentucky Books - Amazon
- Kentucky Vital Records Index
- Allen County Kentucky, Deed Book B 1815-1819 - Abstracts
- Allen Co., Kentucky - FindaGrave
- Kentucky Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Allen County, KY History - The Kentucky Encyclopedia
- Allen County, Kentucky Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Kentucky (1794-1922)
- Allen Co. KYGenweb
- Allen County, Kentucky Ancestry Database Collections
- Allen Co. D.O.T. 2011 Highway Map
- Allen County, Kentucky Military Records