Fulton County, Illinois Records
Fulton County is bordered by Knox County (north), Peoria County (northeast), Tazewell County (east), Mason County (south), Schuyler County (southwest), McDonough County (west), Warren County (northwest)
Fulton County Cities, Towns & Villages include Canton, Cuba, Farmington, Lewistown, Astoria, Avon, Banner, Bryant, Dunfermline, Ellisville, Fairview, Ipava, Liverpool, London Mills, Marietta, Norris, Smithfield, St. David, Table Grove, Vermont.
Fulton County Townships include Liverpool, Lewistown, Lee, Kerton, Joshua, Harris, Isabel, Fairview, Farmington, Farmers, Ellisville, Buckhart, Bernadotte, Banner, Astoria, Canton, Cass, Deerfield, Putman, Pleasant, Orion, Vermont, Union, Waterford, Woodland, Young Hickory. View the Fulton Federal Township Plats of Illinois from 1804-1891.
A Fulton County, Illinois General Highway Maps includes County, City and Township maps which contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Fulton County, Illinois Courthouse Records
Fulton County, IL Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Fulton county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Fulton County Clerk & Recorder of Deeds has Marriage Records from 1824, Birth & Death Records from 1878 and Land Records from 1817. The County Clerk & Recorder of Deeds maintains records and issues certificates of vital statistics (birth certificates, death certificates, and marriage certificates) for the entire County. The Recorder's duties are receiving, filing and maintaining all records related to real property in our county. These documents range from all types of conveyance deeds, mortgages, releases and assignments, property liens, as well as, assorted federal, state and local liens. The Recorder’s office is responsible for the recordation and storage of plats of subdivision, land surveys and monument records. Many other types of miscellaneous documents are recorded, such as; foreign birth certificates, foreign marriage licenses, and military discharge paperwork to name a few.
- Fulton County Clerk of the Circuit Court has Probate Records from 1827 and Court Records from 1824. The County Clerk of the Circuit Court, commonly known as the Circuit Clerk, is the keeper of the files and records of the Circuit Court. The Circuit Clerk's Office retains documents some of which include criminal law, chancery, support, probate, adoption, ect....
- Fulton County Treasurer's Office is responsible for the statutory duties required as County Treasurer and as Ex-Officio County Collector of Real Estate Property Taxes and Drainage District Taxes for the entire county.
- Local Government Records Database provides a listing of the local governmental records held by the Illinois Regional Archives Depository (IRAD) system
Fulton County, Illinois Census Records
- Learn More: State of Illinois Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: Substitutes Index, 1810-1890
- State Population Schedules: 1825-1865
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Fulton County, Illinois Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Illinois Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1916 to present
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from January 1962 to present.
- Locations: Illinois Department of Public Health, Division of Vital Records, 925 East Ridgely Ave., Springfield, IL 62702-2737; (217) 782-6553
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
Fulton County, Illinois Resources
- State of Illinois Archives and Societies
- RAOGK Volunteers for Illinois
- Fulton County Historical & Genealogical Society
- Western Illinois University Region (WIU), Illinois Regional Archives Depository
- Fulton County, Illinois Message Boards
Fulton County, Illinois External Links
- Illinois Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Map of Fulton County and its civil and congressional townships
- Fulton County, Illinois Books - Amazon
- Fulton Co., Illinois - FindaGrave
- Illinois Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Fact Sheet for Fulton County - Illinois State Archives
- Fulton County, Illinois Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Illinois (1808 - 1922)
- Fulton Co. ILGenweb
- Fulton County, Illinois Ancestry Database Collections
- Fulton County, Illinois Military Records