Navajo County, Arizona Genealogy Guide
|Other AZ Resources|
|AZ Birth Records
AZ Marriage Records
AZ Divorce Records
AZ Death Records
AZ Ancestor Records
AZ Military Databases
AZ Data Collections
AZ Historical Newspapers
Social Security Death Index
Create a Free Family Tree
Navajo County Cities and Towns include Holbrook, Show Low, Winslow, Pinetop-Lakeside, Snowflake, Taylor. Unincorporated Communities located in the county include Indian Wells, Joseph City, Linden, Oraibi, Pinedale.
A Map of Navajo County, Arizona contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Navajo County, Arizona Courthouse Records
Navajo County, AZ Courthouse
Please contact the each clerk's department to confirm mailing address, hours, fees and other information before visiting or requesting information because contact information sometimes changes. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. The documents are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Navajo county. The date listed for each category of record is usually the earliest registration filed. The earliest date does not indicate that there are numerous records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually registered.
- Navajo County Clerk of Superior Court has Marriage and Divorce Records from 1895, has Probate Records from 1895 and has Court Records from 1895. The Clerk's office is responsible for all Superior Court action in Adoptions, Civil, Criminal, Probate, and Tax matters.
- Navajo County Recorder has Land Records from 1895. The County Recorder's Office creates public records, maintain said records to archival standards, and provide convenient access to these records for public viewing.
- Navajo County Treasurer collects all real and personal property taxes for the state, county and incorporated cities and towns, school districts, and then distributes them to the various jurisdictions.
Navajo County, Arizona Census Records
- Learn More: State of Arizona Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- State Population Schedules: Voter Registrations, 1866-1955
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: None
- Union Veterans Schedules: None
Navajo County, Arizona Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Arizona Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1909 to present,
- Marriage and Divorce Records: None. See the County Clerk of the Superior Court.
- Locations: Arizona Office of Vital Statistics, 1818 West Adams, PO Box 3887, Phoenix, AZ 85030-3887; (602) 364-1300, Fax: (602) 249-3040
- Vital Records Online: USAVital, VitalChek or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate and Death Certificate Applications.