Weston County, Wyoming Genealogy Guide
|Other WY Resources|
|WY Birth Records
WY Marriage Records
WY Divorce Records
WY Death Records
WY Ancestor Records
WY Military Databases
WY Data Collections
WY Historical Newspapers
Social Security Death Index
Create a Free Family Tree
Weston County, Wyoming (Map It) was created on March 12, 1890 from Crook County. The county was named in honor of John Weston (1831–1895), who was responsible for bringing the first railroad to the area..
Weston County is bordered by Crook County, Wyoming (north), Lawrence County, South Dakota (northeast), Pennington County, South Dakota (east), Custer County, South Dakota, Niobrara County, Wyoming (south), Converse County, Wyoming (southwest), Campbell County, Wyoming (west).
Weston County Cities and Towns include Upton, Newcastle
Weston County, Wyoming Courthouse Records
Weston County, WY Courthouse
Please contact the each clerk's department to confirm mailing address, hours, fees and other information before visiting or requesting information because contact information sometimes changes. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. The documents are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research. The Weston County record dates below are from the earliest date to present time.
- Weston County Clerk & Recorder's Office responsibilities which include maintaining records of land transactions (deeds, mortgages, subdivisions, mineral leases, etc) and ssue Wyoming Marriage Licenses. They have Marriage Records from 1868 and Land Records from 1868.
- Weston County Clerk of District Court has many responsibilities which include the administration of estates, probate of wills, the appointment of guardians and is responsible for filing and maintaining records of all court proceedings and documents of both civil and criminal nature. They have has Probate Records from 1869 and Court Records from 1869.
Weston County, Wyoming Census Records
Weston County, Wyoming Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Wyoming Vital Records
- Birth Records: from 1909 to present
- Marriage, Divorce and Death Records: from previous 50 years to present records more than 50 years old should be obtained from the Wyoming State Archives
- Locations: Wyoming Office of Vital Statistics, Wyoming State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital, VitalChek or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage or Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Vital Statistics Services, 2300 Capitol Avenue, Cheyenne, WY 82002; (307) 777-7591