Washakie County, Wyoming Genealogy Guide
|Other WY Resources|
| WY Birth, Death, Marriage, |
Divorce & Death Records
WY Ancestor Records
WY Military Databases
WY Data Collections
WY Historical Newspapers
Social Security Death Index
Create a Free Family Tree
Washakie County is bordered by Big Horn County, Wyoming (north), Johnson County, Wyoming (east), Natrona County, Wyoming (south), Fremont County, Wyoming (south), Hot Springs County, Wyoming (west), Park County, Wyoming (northwest).
Washakie County Cities and Towns include Worland, Ten Sleep
Washakie County, Wyoming Courthouse Records
Washakie County, WY Courthouse
Please contact the each clerk's department to confirm mailing address, hours, fees and other information before visiting or requesting information because contact information sometimes changes. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. The documents are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research. The Washakie County record dates below are from the earliest date to present time.
- Washakie County Clerk & Recorder's Office responsibilities which include maintaining records of land transactions (deeds, mortgages, subdivisions, mineral leases, etc) and ssue Wyoming Marriage Licenses. They have Marriage Records from 1913 and Land Records from 1906.
- Washakie County Clerk of District Court has many responsibilities which include the administration of estates, probate of wills, the appointment of guardians and is responsible for filing and maintaining records of all court proceedings and documents of both civil and criminal nature. They have has Probate Records from 1913 and Court Records from 1912.
Washakie County, Wyoming Census Records
Washakie County, Wyoming Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Wyoming Vital Records
- Birth Records: from 1909 to present
- Marriage, Divorce and Death Records: from previous 50 years to present records more than 50 years old should be obtained from the Wyoming State Archives
- Locations: Wyoming Office of Vital Statistics, Wyoming State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital, VitalChek or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage or Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Vital Statistics Services, 2300 Capitol Avenue, Cheyenne, WY 82002; (307) 777-7591