Hot Springs County, Wyoming Genealogy Guide
|Other WY Resources|
|WY Birth Records
WY Marriage Records
WY Divorce Records
WY Death Records
WY Ancestor Records
WY Military Databases
WY Data Collections
WY Historical Newspapers
Social Security Death Index
Create a Free Family Tree
Hot Springs County, Wyoming (Map It) was created on February 09, 1911 from Fremont County, Big Horn County, and Park County. The county was named for the hot springs at Thermopolis within the county borders..
Hot Springs County Cities and Towns include East Thermopolis, Kirby, Thermopolis.
Hot Springs County, Wyoming Courthouse Records
Hot Springs County, WY Courthouse
Please contact the each clerk's department to confirm mailing address, hours, fees and other information before visiting or requesting information because contact information sometimes changes. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. The documents are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research. The Hot Springs County record dates below are from the earliest date to present time.
- Hot Springs County Clerk & Recorder's Office responsibilities which include maintaining records of land transactions (deeds, mortgages, subdivisions, mineral leases, etc) and ssue Wyoming Marriage Licenses. They have Marriage Records from 1913 and Land Records from 1893.
- Hot Springs County Clerk of District Court has many responsibilities which include the administration of estates, probate of wills, the appointment of guardians and is responsible for filing and maintaining records of all court proceedings and documents of both civil and criminal nature. They have has Probate Records from 1912 and Court Records from 1911 .
Hot Springs County, Wyoming Census Records
Hot Springs County, Wyoming Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Wyoming Vital Records
- Birth Records: from 1909 to present
- Marriage, Divorce and Death Records: from previous 50 years to present records more than 50 years old should be obtained from the Wyoming State Archives
- Locations: Wyoming Office of Vital Statistics, Wyoming State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital, VitalChek or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage or Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Vital Statistics Services, 2300 Capitol Avenue, Cheyenne, WY 82002; (307) 777-7591