Crook County, Wyoming Genealogy Guide
|Other WY Resources|
| WY Birth, Death, Marriage, |
Divorce & Death Records
WY Ancestor Records
WY Military Databases
WY Data Collections
WY Historical Newspapers
Social Security Death Index
Create a Free Family Tree
Crook County, Wyoming (Map It) was created on December 08, 1875 from Laramie County and Albany County. The county was named in honor of General George Crook (1828–1890), who served in the American Civil War and the Indian Wars..
Crook County is bordered by Campbell County, Wyoming (west), Weston County, Wyoming (south), Lawrence County, South Dakota (east), Butte County, South Dakota (east), Carter County, Montana (north), Powder River County, Montana (northwest).
Crook County Cities and Towns include Hulett, Moorcroft, Pine Haven, Sundance.
Crook County, Wyoming Courthouse Records
Crook County, WY Courthouse
Please contact the each clerk's department to confirm mailing address, hours, fees and other information before visiting or requesting information because contact information sometimes changes. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. The documents are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research. The Crook County record dates below are from the earliest date to present time.
- Crook County Clerk & Recorder's Office responsibilities which include maintaining records of land transactions (deeds, mortgages, subdivisions, mineral leases, etc) and ssue Wyoming Marriage Licenses. They have Marriage Records from 1885 and Land Records from 1884.
- Crook County Clerk of District Court has many responsibilities which include the administration of estates, probate of wills, the appointment of guardians and is responsible for filing and maintaining records of all court proceedings and documents of both civil and criminal nature. They have has Probate Records from 1886 and Court Records from 1886 .
Crook County, Wyoming Census Records
- Learn More: State of Wyoming Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1870, 1880 (free index), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Crook County, Wyoming Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Wyoming Vital Records
- Birth Records: from 1909 to present
- Marriage, Divorce and Death Records: from previous 50 years to present records more than 50 years old should be obtained from the Wyoming State Archives
- Locations: Wyoming Office of Vital Statistics, Wyoming State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital, VitalChek or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage or Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Vital Statistics Services, 2300 Capitol Avenue, Cheyenne, WY 82002; (307) 777-7591
Crook County, Wyoming Resources
- Crook County Historical Society, P.O. Box 63, Sundance WY 82729
- Moorcroft Historical Society, 100 E Weston Street, Moorcroft, WY 82721; 307-756-9300
- Crook County, Wyoming Message Boards read and post messages about your ancestors in Crook County
- Crook County, Wyoming Genealogy Forum