Pend Oreille County, Washington Genealogy Guide
|Other WA Resources|
|WA Birth Records
WA Marriage Records
WA Divorce Records
WA Death Records
WA Ancestor Records
WA Military Databases
WA Data Collections
WA Historical Newspapers
Social Security Death Index
Create a Free Family Tree
Pend Oreille County, Washington (Map It) was created on March 01, 1911 from Stevens County. The county was named for the Pend d'Oreille Native American tribe. It was first visited by Europeans in 1809 when David Thompson of the Northwest Company passed through the county. The famous Jesuit missionary, Father DeSmet, was also active in the area. During the mid-nineteenth century, gold was discovered along the Pend Oreille River bringing in the first settlers. Steamboats brought the settlers supplies until 1909 when the first railroad arrived. Learn More About State of Washington History.
Pend Oreille County Cities and Towns include Cusick, Ione, Metaline, Metaline Falls, Newport.. A Map of Pend Oreille County, Washington contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Pend Oreille County, Washington Courthouse Records
Pend Oreille County, WA Courthouse
Please contact the each clerk's department to confirm mailing address, hours, fees and other information before visiting or requesting information because contact information sometimes changes. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. The documents are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research. Although originally held in the county seat, many county land, probate, and court records have been transferred to the state archive's regional branches.
The Pend Oreille County record dates below are from the earliest date to present time. They may include records of land, estates, taxes, vital records, divorces, naturalizations, voter registration, court records, and so forth.
- Pend Oreille County Auditor has Birth and Death Records from 1911, Marriage Records from 1911 and Land Records from 1911 . The County Auditor has many responsibilities which include the recording of real property documents such as deeds and other recorded documents, issuing various licenses such as marriage liscense.
- Pend Oreille County Clerk has Court Records from 1911 and Probate Records from 1911 . The County Clerk is the administrator of the Superior Court Clerk's Office. The Clerk's Office is responsible for keeping the permanent records of all cases filed in Superior Court. The type of cases filed are felony criminal cases, civil lawsuits, petitions for protection from domestic violence, family law matters (dissolutions 3rd Party Custody, parenting plans, modifications) probates, guardianships, Last Will & Testaments, paternities, adoptions and mental commitments. For judicial purposes, many of the Washington counties were attached to other counties.
- Pend Oreille County Treasurer is the property tax collector for the County. Property Taxes are levied on the property by the various taxing authorities based on the valuation and current property usage as set by the Assessor's Office.
- The Pend Oreille County Health Department can issue Birth, Marriage and Death certificates while you wait.
Pend Oreille County, Washington Census Records
Pend Oreille County, Washington Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Washington Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from July 1, 1907 to present.
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from January 1, 1968 to present
- Locations: Washington Department of Health
- Vital Records Online: USAVital, VitalChek or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth / Death Certificate or the Marriage / Divorce Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Center for Health Statistics, Department of Health, 101 Israel Road SE, Tumwater, WA 98501