Lincoln County, Washington Genealogy Guide
|Other WA Resources|
|WA Birth Records
WA Marriage Records
WA Divorce Records
WA Death Records
WA Ancestor Records
WA Military Databases
WA Data Collections
WA Historical Newspapers
Social Security Death Index
Create a Free Family Tree
Lincoln County, Washington (Map It) was created on November 24, 1883 from Whitman County. The county was named in honor of Abraham Lincoln (1809–1865), 16th U.S. President. It was first settled by former miners and government freighters, and its county seat, Davenport, was located by a spring on the trail to Walla Walla. In 1880 Fort Spokane was founded on the northern edge of the county to protect the settlers from the Indians Learn More About State of Washington History.
Lincoln County is bordered by Ferry County (north), Stevens County (northeast), Spokane County (east), Whitman County (southeast), Adams County (south), Grant County (west), Okanogan County (northwest).
Lincoln County Cities and Towns include Almira, Creston, Davenport, Harrington, Odessa, Reardan, Sprague, Wilbur.. A Map of Lincoln County, Washington contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Lincoln County, Washington Courthouse Records
Lincoln County, WA Courthouse
Please contact the each clerk's department to confirm mailing address, hours, fees and other information before visiting or requesting information because contact information sometimes changes. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. The documents are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research. Although originally held in the county seat, many county land, probate, and court records have been transferred to the state archive's regional branches.
The Lincoln County record dates below are from the earliest date to present time. They may include records of land, estates, taxes, vital records, divorces, naturalizations, voter registration, court records, and so forth.
- Lincoln County Auditor has Birth and Death Records from 1883 to 1907, Marriage Records from 1884 and Land Records from 1883 . The County Auditor has many responsibilities which include the recording of real property documents such as deeds and other recorded documents, issuing various licenses such as marriage liscense.
- Lincoln County Clerk has Court Records from 1884 and Probate Records from 1886. The County Clerk is the administrator of the Superior Court Clerk's Office. The Clerk's Office is responsible for keeping the permanent records of all cases filed in Superior Court. The type of cases filed are felony criminal cases, civil lawsuits, petitions for protection from domestic violence, family law matters (dissolutions 3rd Party Custody, parenting plans, modifications) probates, guardianships, Last Will & Testaments, paternities, adoptions and mental commitments. For judicial purposes, many of the Washington counties were attached to other counties.
- Lincoln County Treasurer is the property tax collector for the County. Property Taxes are levied on the property by the various taxing authorities based on the valuation and current property usage as set by the Assessor's Office.
- The Lincoln County Health Department can issue Birth, Marriage and Death certificates while you wait.
Lincoln County, Washington Census Records
Lincoln County, Washington Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Washington Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from July 1, 1907 to present.
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from January 1, 1968 to present
- Locations: Washington Department of Health
- Vital Records Online: USAVital, VitalChek or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth / Death Certificate or the Marriage / Divorce Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Center for Health Statistics, Department of Health, 101 Israel Road SE, Tumwater, WA 98501
Lincoln County, Washington Resources
- State of Washington Archives and Societies
- RAOGK Volunteers for Washington
- Washington State Archives, Eastern Washington Regional Archives
- Big Bend Historical Society, PO Box 523, Wilbur, WA 99185-0166. Phone 509-647-5863.
- Lincoln County Historical Society & Museum, Box 585, Davenport, WA 99122. Phone 509-725-6711.