Piute County, Utah Genealogy Guide
|Other UT Resources|
| UT Birth, Death, Marriage, |
Divorce & Death Records
UT Ancestor Records
UT Military Databases
UT Data Collections
UT Historical Newspapers
Social Security Death Index
Create a Free Family Tree
Piute County, Utah (Map It) was created on January 16, 1865 from Beaver County. The county was named for the Piute tribe of Native Americans who lived in the area. Learn More About State of Utah History
Piute County Cities and Towns include Circleville, Greenwich, Junction, Kingston, Marysvale, Pittsburg. A Map of Piute County, Utah contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Piute County, Utah Courthouse Records
Piute County, UT Courthouse
Please contact the each clerk's department to confirm mailing address, hours, fees and other information before visiting or requesting information because contact information sometimes changes. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. The documents are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Piute county. The date listed for each category of record is usually the earliest registration filed. The earliest date does not indicate that there are numerous records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually registered.
- Piute County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1872 and Birth / Death Records from 1898–1900. Vital Records are also available from the Central Utah Public Health Department or the State Archives. The County Clerk's responsibilities are to conduct Countywide elections, issue marriage licenses, issue business licenses for the unincorporated county.
- Piute County Recorder has Land Records from 1868. The County Recorder's duties include Record, store and retrieve land documents in the public record; Assist the public in locating real property parcels on ownership plats; Assist the public in locating records; Record Military Discharges and provide certified copies of these documents at no charge; Sell copies of documents and plats to the public.
- Piute County Clerk of District Court has Probate Records from 1869 and Court Records from 1869. The County Clerk of District Court duties services include Divorce, Protective Orders, Guardianship and other civil matters.
Piute County, Utah Census Records
- Learn More: State of Utah Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- State Census and Census Substitutes: 1850-1890
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Piute County, Utah Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Utah Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from 1905 to present
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from 1978 to present. see County Clerk for earlier records.
- Locations: Utah Office of Vital Statistics
- Vital Records Online: USAVital, VitalChek or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage or Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Utah Office of Vital Records and Statistics, 288 North 1460 West, PO BOX 141012, Salt Lake City, UT 84114-1012
Piute County, Utah Resources
- Piute County, Utah Message Boards
- Piute County, Utah Genealogy Forum read and post messages with other genealogy researchers for Piute County