Reagan County, Texas Genealogy Guide
|Other TX Resources|
| TX Birth, Death, Marriage, |
Divorce & Death Records
TX Ancestor Records
TX Military Databases
TX Data Collections
TX Historical Newspapers
Social Security Death Index
Create a Free Family Tree
Reagan County, Texas (Map It) was created on March 7, 1903 from Tom Green County. This county was named for John H. Reagan (1818–1905), Confederate postmaster general, U.S. Congressman, and Governor of Texas .. Learn More About State of Texas History
Reagan County Cities and Towns include Big Lake.. A Map of Reagan County, Texas contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Reagan County, Texas Courthouse Records
Reagan County, TX Courthouse
Please contact the each clerk's department to confirm mailing address, hours, fees and other information before visiting or requesting information because contact information sometimes changes. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. The documents are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicate what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Reagan county. The date listed for each category of record is usually the earliest registration filed. The earliest date does not indicate that there are numerous records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually registered.
- Reagan County Clerk has Birth & Death Records from 1903, Marriage Records from 1903, Land Records from 1903, Probate Records from 1903 and Court Records from 1903. The County Clerk's office is the place where all transactions having to do with land are recorded and kept on file. They take marriage license applications, issues marriage licenses, files the license after the marriage, and maintains a permanent record of the marriage, surveys and plats of subdivisions, Armed Forces discharge papers for all veterans who reside in the county. Some naturalization records have been found with the deeds.
- Reagan County Tax Assessor-Collector Office is responsible for the the assessment of taxes on each property in the county and collection of that tax
Reagan County, Texas Census Records
Reagan County, Texas Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Texas Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from 1903 to present.
- Marriage Records: available from the County Clerk
- Divorce Records: available from the Clerk of District Court
- Locations: Texas Department of State Health Services
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth and Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Texas Department of State Health Services, 1100 W. 49th Street, Austin, TX 78756; (888) 963-7111 or (512) 458-7111
Reagan County, Texas Resources
- Reagan Co. Records Available on Microfilm
- Reagan County, Texas Message Boards
- Reagan County, Texas Genealogy Forum read and post messages with other genealogy researchers for Reagan County