Orange County, Texas Records
Orange County is bordered by Jasper County (north), Newton County (north), Calcasieu Parish, Louisiana (east), Cameron Parish, Louisiana (southeast), Jefferson County (south & west), Hardin County (northwest).
Orange County Cities and Towns include Bridge City, Orange, Pine Forest, Pinehurst, Rose City, Vidor, West Orange.. A Map of Orange County, Texas contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Orange County, Texas Courthouse Records
Orange County, TX Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicate what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Orange county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
Courthouse, built in 1884, destroyed by fire, April 14, 1898. All county records were stored in a vault and were not harmed by the fire.
- Orange County Clerk has Birth & Death Records from 1903, Marriage Records from 1852, Land Records from 1852, Probate Records from 1852 and Court Records from 1852. The County Clerk's office is the place where all transactions having to do with land are recorded and kept on file. They take marriage license applications, issues marriage licenses, files the license after the marriage, and maintains a permanent record of the marriage, surveys and plats of subdivisions, Armed Forces discharge papers for all veterans who reside in the county. Some naturalization records have been found with the deeds.
- Orange County Tax Assessor-Collector Office is responsible for the the assessment of taxes on each property in the county and collection of that tax
Orange County, Texas Census Records
- Learn More: State of Texas Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- Texas Census Substitute Records: 1820-1890
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Orange County, Texas Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Texas Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from 1903 to present.
- Marriage Records: available from the County Clerk
- Divorce Records: available from the Clerk of District Court
- Locations: Texas Department of State Health Services
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth and Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Texas Department of State Health Services, 1100 W. 49th Street, Austin, TX 78756; (888) 963-7111 or (512) 458-7111
Orange County, Texas Resources
- Orange County Historical Society, P.O. Box 1345, Orange, TX 77630
- Southeast Texas Genealogical & Historical Society
- Orange Co. Records Available on Microfilm
- Orange County, Texas Message Boards
Orange County, Texas External Links
- Historical Newspapers from Texas (1813 - 1993)
- Port Arthur News (Port Arthur, Texas)
- News (Port Arthur, Texas)
- Port Arthur Daily News (Port Arthur, Texas)
- Port Arthur News Anniversary Edition (Port Arthur, Texas)
- Orange County, Texas Books - Amazon
- Orange Co., Texas - FindaGrave
- Texas, Gonzalez de la Garza Genealogy Collection
- Orange Co., Texas Almanac
- Texas county histories : a bibliography
- Orange County History
- Orange County, Texas Links - Cyndi's List
- Orange Co. TXGenweb
- Orange County, Texas Ancestry Database Collections
- Texas General Land Office Map Collection
- Orange County, Texas Military Records