McMullen County, Texas Genealogy Guide
|Other TX Resources|
| TX Birth, Death, Marriage, |
Divorce & Death Records
TX Ancestor Records
TX Military Databases
TX Data Collections
TX Historical Newspapers
Social Security Death Index
Create a Free Family Tree
McMullen County, Texas (Map It) was created on February 11, 1858 from Nueces County, Atascosa County and Live Oak County. This county was named for John McMullen (1832–1883), an Irish-born empresario in Texas .. Learn More About State of Texas History
McMullen County Cities and Towns include Calliham, Tilden.. A Map of McMullen County, Texas contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
McMullen County, Texas Courthouse Records
McMullen County, TX Courthouse
Please contact the each clerk's department to confirm mailing address, hours, fees and other information before visiting or requesting information because contact information sometimes changes. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. The documents are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicate what vital, land, probate, and court records are in McMullen county. The date listed for each category of record is usually the earliest registration filed. The earliest date does not indicate that there are numerous records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually registered. Some early records prior to organization on 1877 may be located in Live Oak County. Records from the first, short-lived organization have not survived.
- McMullen County Clerk has Birth & Death Records from 1903, Marriage Records from 1877, Land Records from 1835, Probate Records from 1877 and Court Records from 1879. The County Clerk's office is the place where all transactions having to do with land are recorded and kept on file. They take marriage license applications, issues marriage licenses, files the license after the marriage, and maintains a permanent record of the marriage, surveys and plats of subdivisions, Armed Forces discharge papers for all veterans who reside in the county. Some naturalization records have been found with the deeds.
- McMullen County Tax Assessor-Collector Office is responsible for the the assessment of taxes on each property in the county and collection of that tax
McMullen County, Texas Census Records
- Learn More: State of Texas Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- Texas Census Substitute Records: 1820-1890
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
McMullen County, Texas Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Texas Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from 1903 to present.
- Marriage Records: available from the County Clerk
- Divorce Records: available from the Clerk of District Court
- Locations: Texas Department of State Health Services
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth and Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Texas Department of State Health Services, 1100 W. 49th Street, Austin, TX 78756; (888) 963-7111 or (512) 458-7111
McMullen County, Texas Resources
- McMullen Co. Records Available on Microfilm
- McMullen County, Texas Message Boards
- McMullen County, Texas Genealogy Forum read and post messages with other genealogy researchers for McMullen County