Deaf Smith County, Texas Records
Deaf Smith County Cities and Towns include Hereford.. A Map of Deaf Smith County, Texas contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Deaf Smith County, Texas Courthouse Records
Deaf Smith County, TX Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicate what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Deaf Smith county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Deaf Smith County Clerk has Birth & Death Records from 1903, Marriage Records from 1890, Land Records from 1890, Probate Records from 1890 and Court Records from 1890. The County Clerk's office is the place where all transactions having to do with land are recorded and kept on file. They take marriage license applications, issues marriage licenses, files the license after the marriage, and maintains a permanent record of the marriage, surveys and plats of subdivisions, Armed Forces discharge papers for all veterans who reside in the county. Some naturalization records have been found with the deeds.
- Deaf Smith County Tax Assessor-Collector Office is responsible for the the assessment of taxes on each property in the county and collection of that tax
Deaf Smith County, Texas Census Records
- Learn More: State of Texas Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- Texas Census Substitute Records: 1820-1890
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Deaf Smith County, Texas Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Texas Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from 1903 to present.
- Marriage Records: available from the County Clerk
- Divorce Records: available from the Clerk of District Court
- Locations: Texas Department of State Health Services
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth and Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Texas Department of State Health Services, 1100 W. 49th Street, Austin, TX 78756; (888) 963-7111 or (512) 458-7111
Deaf Smith County, Texas Resources
- Deaf Smith County Genealogical Society, 211 East 4th St., Hereford 79045
- Deaf Smith County Historical Museum
- Deaf Smith Co. Records Available on Microfilm
- Deaf Smith County, Texas Message Boards
Deaf Smith County, Texas External Links
- Historical Newspapers from Texas (1813 - 1993)
- Deaf Smith County, Texas Books - Amazon
- Dawson, Deaf Smith, Denton and Martin, Texas Census, 1900
- Deaf Smith Co., Texas - FindaGrave
- Texas, Gonzalez de la Garza Genealogy Collection
- Deaf Smith Co., Texas Almanac
- Texas county histories : a bibliography
- Deaf Smith County History
- Deaf Smith County, Texas Links - Cyndi's List
- Deaf Smith Co. TXGenweb
- Deaf Smith County, Texas Ancestry Database Collections
- Texas General Land Office Map Collection
- Deaf Smith County, Texas Military Records