Willacy County, Texas Genealogy Guide
|Other TX Resources|
|TX Birth, Death, Marriage,
Divorce & Death Records
TX Ancestor Records
TX Military Databases
TX Data Collections
TX Historical Newspapers
Social Security Death Index
Create a Free Family Tree
Willacy County, Texas (Map It) was created on March 11, 1911 from Hildigo County and Cameron County. This county was named for John G. Willacy, Texas state senator who was the author of the bill that established the county .. Learn More About State of Texas History
Willacy County Cities and Towns include Lyford, Raymondville, San Perlita.. A Map of Willacy County, Texas contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Willacy County, Texas Courthouse Records
Willacy County, TX Courthouse
Please contact the each clerk's department to confirm mailing address, hours, fees and other information before visiting or requesting information because contact information sometimes changes. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. The documents are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicate what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Willacy county. The date listed for each category of record is usually the earliest registration filed. The earliest date does not indicate that there are numerous records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually registered.
- Willacy County Clerk has Birth & Death Records from 1921, Marriage Records from 1921, Land Records from 1921, Probate Records from 1921 and Court Records from 1921. The County Clerk's office is the place where all transactions having to do with land are recorded and kept on file. They take marriage license applications, issues marriage licenses, files the license after the marriage, and maintains a permanent record of the marriage, surveys and plats of subdivisions, Armed Forces discharge papers for all veterans who reside in the county. Some naturalization records have been found with the deeds.
- Willacy County Tax Assessor-Collector Office is responsible for the the assessment of taxes on each property in the county and collection of that tax
Willacy County, Texas Census Records
Willacy County, Texas Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Texas Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from 1903 to present.
- Marriage Records: available from the County Clerk
- Divorce Records: available from the Clerk of District Court
- Locations: Texas Department of State Health Services
- Vital Records Online: USAVital, VitalChek or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth and Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Texas Department of State Health Services, 1100 W. 49th Street, Austin, TX 78756; (888) 963-7111 or (512) 458-7111