Texas Genealogical publications (magazines, newsletters, periodicals, books, etc.) provide all types of useful facts pertaining to specific ancestors, whole lineages and families, places in time, and concerning all kinds of genealogical records and repositories. They allow you to identify a wealth of details about your ancestors from many historical newspapers, magazines, and other periodicals. These different types of resources can frequently supplement public records and offer you information and facts that is not recorded someplace else. Here, you can discover more regarding your ancestor’s potential every day activities by putting them in the framework of their time.
Newspapers – Texas newspapers can offer all sorts of hints about historical events, local history, court and legal notices, obituaries, and much more. A Name Index to Early Texas Newspapers has been created. It covers names found in newspapers from 1830 to 1885. The University of Texas Library in Austin is home to the original card file index for it. Copies can also be found at various repositories around the state on 43 rolls of microfilm. The data included features newspaper titles, names, dates, and other information about the listings.
- Texas Historical Newspapers
- Texas Newspapers Directory Listings
- Historical Newspapers from Texas (1813 – 1993) – Immediately find names and keywords / phrases in over 450 million publications, obituaries, marriage announcements, birth notices and also other items written in over 2,800 historical U.S. newspapers. Brand new articles and other content added on a monthly basis!
- Texas Newspaper List
- Texas Methodist Newspaper Abstracts (17 April 1850–17 Sept. 1881). 4 vols. Dallas: H. Lu, 1987. Also on microfiche.
- Genealogical Abstracts from Central Texas Newspapers, 1885–1899. Temple, Tex.: the author, 1987.
- Genealogical Abstracts from the Austin Texas State Gazette 1849–1859. Temple, Tex.: the author, 1988.
- Miscellaneous Texas Newspaper Abstracts, 1856–1870. Temple, Tex.: the author, 1988.
- Early Texas News 1831–1848, Abstracts from Early Texas Newspapers. St. Louis: F. T. Ingmire, 1984.