Live Oak County, Texas Genealogy Guide
|Other TX Resources|
|TX Birth, Death, Marriage,
Divorce & Death Records
TX Ancestor Records
TX Military Databases
TX Data Collections
TX Historical Newspapers
Social Security Death Index
Create a Free Family Tree
Live Oak County, Texas (Map It) was created on Feburary 2, 1856 from San Patrico County and Nueces County. This county was named for lhe Texas live oak tree under which the petition for a new county was signed .. Learn More About State of Texas History
Live Oak County is bordered by Karnes County (northeast), Bee County (east), San Patricio County (southeast), Jim Wells County (south), Duval County (southwest), McMullen County (west), Atascosa County (northwest).
Live Oak County Cities and Towns include George West, Three Rivers.. A Map of Live Oak County, Texas contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Live Oak County, Texas Courthouse Records
Live Oak County, TX Courthouse
Please contact the each clerk's department to confirm mailing address, hours, fees and other information before visiting or requesting information because contact information sometimes changes. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. The documents are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Live Oak County. The dates indicated below are the first known records for this county which may include records of land, estates, taxes, vital records, divorces, naturalizations, court records, and so forth.
- Live Oak County Clerk has Birth & Death Records from 1903, Marriage Records from 1857, Land Records from 1835, Probate Records from 1860 and Court Records from 1876. The County Clerk's office is the place where all transactions having to do with land are recorded and kept on file. They take marriage license applications, issues marriage licenses, files the license after the marriage, and maintains a permanent record of the marriage, surveys and plats of subdivisions, Armed Forces discharge papers for all veterans who reside in the county. Some naturalization records have been found with the deeds.
- Live Oak County Tax Assessor-Collector Office is responsible for the the assessment of taxes on each property in the county and collection of that tax
Live Oak County, Texas Census Records
- Learn More: State of Texas Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- Texas Census Substitute Records: 1820-1890
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Live Oak County, Texas Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Texas Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from 1903 to present.
- Marriage Records: available from the County Clerk
- Divorce Records: available from the Clerk of District Court
- Locations: Texas Department of State Health Services
- Vital Records Online: USAVital, VitalChek or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth and Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Texas Department of State Health Services, 1100 W. 49th Street, Austin, TX 78756; (888) 963-7111 or (512) 458-7111