Kenedy County, Texas Genealogy Guide
|Other TX Resources|
| TX Birth, Death, Marriage, |
Divorce & Death Records
TX Ancestor Records
TX Military Databases
TX Data Collections
TX Historical Newspapers
Social Security Death Index
Create a Free Family Tree
Kenedy County, Texas (Map It) was created on April 2, 1921 from Hidalgo County and Willacy County. This county was named for Mifflin Kenedy, an early rancher and land speculator .. Learn More About State of Texas History
Kenedy County Cities and Towns include Sarita.. A Map of Kenedy County, Texas contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Kenedy County, Texas Courthouse Records
Kenedy County, TX Courthouse
Please contact the each clerk's department to confirm mailing address, hours, fees and other information before visiting or requesting information because contact information sometimes changes. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. The documents are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicate what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Kenedy county. The date listed for each category of record is usually the earliest registration filed. The earliest date does not indicate that there are numerous records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually registered.
- Kenedy County Clerk has Birth & Death Records from 1911, Marriage Records from 1860, Land Records from 1832, Probate Records from 1860 and Court Records from 1911. The County Clerk's office is the place where all transactions having to do with land are recorded and kept on file. They take marriage license applications, issues marriage licenses, files the license after the marriage, and maintains a permanent record of the marriage, surveys and plats of subdivisions, Armed Forces discharge papers for all veterans who reside in the county. Some naturalization records have been found with the deeds.
- Kenedy County Tax Assessor-Collector Office is responsible for the the assessment of taxes on each property in the county and collection of that tax
Kenedy County, Texas Census Records
Kenedy County, Texas Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Texas Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from 1903 to present.
- Marriage Records: available from the County Clerk
- Divorce Records: available from the Clerk of District Court
- Locations: Texas Department of State Health Services
- Vital Records Online: USAVital, VitalChek or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth and Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Texas Department of State Health Services, 1100 W. 49th Street, Austin, TX 78756; (888) 963-7111 or (512) 458-7111
Kenedy County, Texas Resources
- Kenedy Co. Records Available on Microfilm
- Kenedy County, Texas Message Boards
- Kenedy County, Texas Genealogy Forum read and post messages with other genealogy researchers for Kenedy County