Crosby County, Texas Genealogy Guide
|Other TX Resources|
|TX Birth, Death, Marriage,
Divorce & Death Records
TX Ancestor Records
TX Military Databases
TX Data Collections
TX Historical Newspapers
Social Security Death Index
Create a Free Family Tree
Crosby County Cities and Towns include Crosbyton, Lorenzo, Ralls.. A Map of Crosby County, Texas contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Crosby County, Texas Courthouse Records
Crosby County, TX Courthouse
Please contact the each clerk's department to confirm mailing address, hours, fees and other information before visiting or requesting information because contact information sometimes changes. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. The documents are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicate what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Crosby county. The date listed for each category of record is usually the earliest registration filed. The earliest date does not indicate that there are numerous records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually registered. Some early records prior to organization on November 20, 1886 may be located in Young County and Baylor County. Crosby County Courthouse in Estacado caught fire on October 9, 1889 and destroyed the judges', treasurer's and county clerk's offices.
- Crosby County Clerk has Birth & Death Records from 1903, Marriage Records from 1886, Land Records from 1887, Probate Records from 1887 and Court Records from 1887. The County Clerk's office is the place where all transactions having to do with land are recorded and kept on file. They take marriage license applications, issues marriage licenses, files the license after the marriage, and maintains a permanent record of the marriage, surveys and plats of subdivisions, Armed Forces discharge papers for all veterans who reside in the county. Some naturalization records have been found with the deeds.
- Crosby County Tax Assessor-Collector Office is responsible for the the assessment of taxes on each property in the county and collection of that tax
Crosby County, Texas Census Records
- Learn More: State of Texas Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- Texas Census Substitute Records: 1820-1890
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Crosby County, Texas Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Texas Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from 1903 to present.
- Marriage Records: available from the County Clerk
- Divorce Records: available from the Clerk of District Court
- Locations: Texas Department of State Health Services
- Vital Records Online: USAVital, VitalChek or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth and Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Texas Department of State Health Services, 1100 W. 49th Street, Austin, TX 78756; (888) 963-7111 or (512) 458-7111