Dillon County, South Carolina Genealogy Guide
|Other SC Resources|
| SC Birth, Death, Marriage, |
Divorce & Death Records
SC Ancestor Records
SC Military Databases
SC Data Collections
SC Historical Southspapers
Social Security Death Index
Create a Free Family Tree
Dillon County, South Carolina (Map It) was created on February 5, 1910 from Marion County. The county was named in honor of J.W. Dillon, founder of the Wilson Short Cut Railroad . Learn More About State of South Carolina History.
Dillon County is bordered by Columbus County, North Carolina (north), Columbus County, North Carolina (north), Horry County (east), Marion County (south), Florence County (southwest), Marlboro County (west).
Dillon County Cities and Towns include Dillon, Floydale, Hamer, Kemper, Lake View, Latta, Little Rock.. A Map of Dillon County, South Carolina contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Dillon County, South Carolina Courthouse Records
Dillon County, SC Courthouse
Please contact the each clerk's department to confirm mailing address, hours, fees and other information before visiting or requesting information because contact information sometimes changes. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. The documents are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Dillon county. The date listed for each category of record is usually the earliest registration filed. The earliest date does not indicate that there are numerous records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually registered.
- Dillon County Clerk of Probate Court has Marriage Records from 1911 and Probate Records from 1910. The County Clerk of Probate Court has original jurisdiction over actions concerning the issuance of marriage licenses, the estate of a deceased person, the will of an individual, the estate of a minor or incapacitated person, trusts, and involuntary commitments.
- Dillon County County Clerk of Court / Register of Deeds has Court Records from 1910, Divorce Records from since April 1949 and Land Records from 1910. The County Clerk of Court / Register of Deeds is divided into General Sessions and Common Pleas Court. The Circuit Court is a formal court of record. It records and maintain deeds, mortgages, plats, state and federal tax liens, mechanics liens, uniform commercial code filings, and other miscellaneous documents pertaining to real estate transactions.
- Dillon County Tax Assessor / Collector is responsible for the collection of taxes. Our office does not calculate a property’s taxable value (Assessor’s Office).
- Dillon County Health Department has birth and death records from 1915. Marriage records prior to 1950 are available from the Probate Court office. Divorce records since April 1949 are available from the County Clerk's office.
Dillon County, South Carolina Census Records
- Learn More: State of South Carolina Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
Dillon County, South Carolina Vital Records
- Learn More: State of South Carolina Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1915 to present
- Marriage Records: from July 1950 to present. Contact the Office of Probate for earlier records.
- Divorce Records: from July 1962 to present. Contact the Clerk of Court for earlier records.
- Locations: South Carolina Office of Vital Statistics
- Vital Records Online: USAVital, VitalChek or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth and Death Certificate or Marriage and Divorce Certificate Applications.
- In Person: List of Vital Records Services Office locations
Dillon County, South Carolina Resources
- Dillon County Historical Society
- Dillon County, South Carolina Message Boards
- Dillon County, South Carolina Genealogy Forum read and post messages with other genealogy researchers for Dillon County