Trumbull County, Ohio Genealogy GuideOH Birth, Death, Marriage,
Divorce & Death Records
OH Ancestor Records
OH Military Databases
OH Data Collections
OH Historical Newspapers
Social Security Death Index
Create a Free Family Tree
Trumbull County, Ohio (Map It) was created on July 10, 1800 from Jefferson County and Wayne County. This county was named for Jonathan Trumbull (1710-1785), Governor of Connecticut when the county was organized . Learn More About State of Ohio History
Trumbull County is bordered by Ashtabula County (north), Crawford County, Pennsylvaina (northeast), Mercer County, Pennsylvaina (east), Mahoning County (south), Portage County (southwest), Geauga County (northwest) .. A Map of Trumbull County, Ohio contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Trumbull County Cities and Towns include Cortland, Girard, Hubbard, Newton Falls, Niles, Warren, Lordstown, McDonald, Orangeville, West Farmington, Yankee Lake. Other communities include Bristolville, Burghill, Center of the World, Farmdale, Fowler, Hartford, Kinsman, North Bloomfield, Southington, Bolindale, Brookfield Center, Champion Heights, Churchill, Hilltop, Howland Center, Leavittsburg, Maplewood Park, Masury, Mineral Ridge, South Canal, Vienna Center, West Hill. A Map of Trumbull County, Ohio contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Trumbull County Townships include Bazetta, Bloomfield, Braceville, Bristol, Brookfield, Champion, Farmington, Fowler, Greene, Gustavus, Hartford, Howland, Hubbard, Johnston, Kinsman, Liberty, Mecca, Mesopotamia, Newton, Southington, Vernon, Vienna, Warren, Weathersfield.
Trumbull County, Ohio Courthouse Records
Trumbull County, OH Courthouse
Trumbull County, OH Township Map
Please contact the each clerk's department to confirm mailing address, hours, fees and other information before visiting or requesting information because contact information sometimes changes. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. The documents are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Trumbull county. The date listed for each category of record is usually the earliest registration filed. The earliest date does not indicate that there are numerous records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually registered.
- Trumbull County Clerk of Probate Court has Marriage Records from 1803 and Probate Records from 1803. The County Clerk of Probate Court handles the probating of wills, estate administrations, trusts, guardianships, adoptions, birth corrections, delayed birth registrations and issues marriage licenses. The Probate Court is that the Probate Judge is the ex-officio Clerk of Courts, thus, the Court performs all the duties as its own Clerk of Courts.
- Trumbull County Recorder has Land Records from 1795. The County Recorder has the duty of keeping specific records which may include: deeds, mortgages, military discharges, plats, etc.
- Trumbull County Clerk of Court of Common Pleas has Court Records from 1807. The County Clerk of Court of Common Pleas is responsible for duties that include filing, docketing, indexing, and preserving all court pleadings for civil, felony criminal and domestic relations cases. Other services provided by the Clerk of Court of Common Pleas are administering oaths, keeping naturalization records, and recording and retention of coroner records.
- The Trumbull County Health Department has Birth & Death Records from 1908-Present. For birth and death records prior to Dec. 20, 1908, contact the Probate Court of this county.
Trumbull County, Ohio Census Records
- Learn More: State of Ohio Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1810 (destroyed), 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Trumbull County, Ohio Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Ohio Vital Records
- Birth Records: from 1908 to present
- Marriage Records: None. See County Probate Court.
- Death Records: from 1954 to present
- Divorce Records: None. See County Clerk of Court of Common Pleas.
- Locations: Ohio Office of Vital Statistics, Ohio Local Health Departments
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
Trumbull County, Ohio Resources
- State of Ohio Archives and Societies
- RAOGK Volunteers for Ohio
- Trumbull County Chapter, OGS
- Trumbull County Historical Society
- Trumbull County Archives / Microfilm Department
- Bloomfield Township Historical Society
- Bristol Historical Society
- Brookfield Historical Society, 5709 Amy Boyle Rd NE, Brookfield, OH 44403-9737
- Brookfield Township Historical Society
- Cortland-Bazetta Historical Society
- Fowler Township Historical Society, 4384 Youngstown-Kingsville Rd NE, Cortland, OH 44410-9722; Phone: (330) 637-2006
- Girard Historical Society
- Hartford Township Historical Society, 4730 SR 7, Burghill, OH 44404-9762; Phone: (330) 772-4531;
- Howland Historical Society, 752 Laurelwood SE, Warren, OH 44484-2423; Phone: (330) 856-1115
- Hubbard Historical Society, 27 Hager St, Hubbard, OH 44425-2027; Phone: (330) 534-4247
- Kinsman Historical Society
- Liberty Historical Society
- Lordstown Historical Society, 5708 Palmyra Rd SW, Warren, OH 44481-9712; Phone: (330) 399-1627
- Niles Historical Society
- North Bloomfield Historical Society
- Trumbull County, Ohio Message Boards
- Trumbull County, Ohio Genealogy Forum