Warren County, Ohio Genealogy Guide
|Other OH Resources|
|OH Birth, Death, Marriage, |
Divorce & Death Records
OH Ancestor Records
OH Military Databases
OH Data Collections
OH Historical Newspapers
Social Security Death Index
Create a Free Family Tree
Warren County, Ohio (Map It) was created on May 1, 1803 from Hamilton County. This county was named for General Joseph Warren (1741-1775), a Revolutionary War officer . Learn More About State of Ohio History
Warren County is bordered by Montgomery County (northeast), Greene County (east), Clinton County (south), Clermont County (south), Hamilton County (west), Butler County (northwest) .. A Map of Warren County, Ohio contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Warren County Cities and Towns include Carlisle, Franklin, Lebanon, Loveland, Mason, Middletown, Monroe, Springboro, Blanchester, Butlerville, Corwin, Harveysburg, Maineville, Morrow, Pleasant Plain, South Lebanon, Waynesville. Other communities include Five Points, Hunter, Landen, Loveland Park. Other communities include Beedles Station, Blue Ball, Cozaddale, Crosswick, Dallasburg, Dodds, Fosters, Greentree Corner, Hagemans Crossing, Hammel, Hillcrest, Hopkinsville, Kings Mills, Mathers Mill, Middletown Junction, Murdoch, Oregonia, Red Lion, Ridgeville, San Mar Gale, Twenty Mile Stand, Zoar. A Map of Warren County, Ohio contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Warren County Townships include Clearcreek, Deerfield, Franklin, Hamilton, Harlan, Massie, Salem, Turtlecreek, Union, Washington, Wayne.
Warren County, Ohio Courthouse Records
Warren County, OH Courthouse
Warren County, OH Township Map
Please contact the each clerk's department to confirm mailing address, hours, fees and other information before visiting or requesting information because contact information sometimes changes. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. The documents are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Warren county. The date listed for each category of record is usually the earliest registration filed. The earliest date does not indicate that there are numerous records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually registered.
- Warren County Clerk of Probate Court has Marriage Records from 1803 and Probate Records from 1803. The County Clerk of Probate Court handles the probating of wills, estate administrations, trusts, guardianships, adoptions, birth corrections, delayed birth registrations and issues marriage licenses. The Probate Court is that the Probate Judge is the ex-officio Clerk of Courts, thus, the Court performs all the duties as its own Clerk of Courts.
- Warren County Recorder has Land Records from 1795. The County Recorder has the duty of keeping specific records which may include: deeds, mortgages, military discharges, plats, etc.
- Warren County Clerk of Court of Common Pleas has Court Records from 1803. The County Clerk of Court of Common Pleas is responsible for duties that include filing, docketing, indexing, and preserving all court pleadings for civil, felony criminal and domestic relations cases. Other services provided by the Clerk of Court of Common Pleas are administering oaths, keeping naturalization records, and recording and retention of coroner records.
- The Warren County Health Department has Birth & Death Records from 1908-Present. For birth and death records prior to Dec. 20, 1908, contact the Probate Court of this county.
Warren County, Ohio Census Records
- Learn More: State of Ohio Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1810 (destroyed), 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Warren County, Ohio Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Ohio Vital Records
- Birth Records: from 1908 to present
- Marriage Records: None. See County Probate Court.
- Death Records: from 1954 to present
- Divorce Records: None. See County Clerk of Court of Common Pleas.
- Locations: Ohio Office of Vital Statistics, Ohio Local Health Departments
- Vital Records Online: USAVital, VitalChek or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
Warren County, Ohio Resources
- State of Ohio Archives and Societies
- RAOGK Volunteers for Ohio
- Warren County Chapter, OGS
- Warren County Historical Society
- Carlisle Area Historical Society, P O Box 8261, 453 Park Dr, Carlisle, OH 45005-8261; Phone: (937) 746-6704;
- Franklin Area Historical Society
- Harveysburg Community Historical Society, PO Box 105, Harveysburg, OH 45032-0105; Phone: (513) 897-6195
- Mason Historical Society
- Springboro Area Historical Society, 110 S Main St, Springboro, OH 45066-0005; Phone: (937) 748-1053
- Springboro Historical Commission, 320 W Central Ave, Springboro, OH 45066-1106; Phone: (937) 748-4343
- Village of Waynesville
- Warren County, Ohio Message Boards
- Warren County, Ohio Genealogy Forum