Noble County, Ohio Genealogy Guide
|Other OH Resources|
|OH Birth, Death, Marriage, |
Divorce & Death Records
OH Ancestor Records
OH Military Databases
OH Data Collections
OH Historical Newspapers
Social Security Death Index
Create a Free Family Tree
Noble County, Ohio (Map It) was created on April 1, 1851 from Guernsey County, Monroe County, Morgan County and Washington County. This county was named for James Noble (1785–1831), an early settler and future U.S. Senator from Indiana. Learn More About State of Ohio History
Noble County is bordered by Guernsey County (north), Belmont County (northeast), Monroe County (east), Washington County (south), Morgan County (west), Muskingum County (northwest) .. A Map of Noble County, Ohio contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Noble County Cities and Towns include Batesville, Belle Valley, Caldwell, Dexter City, Sarahsville, Summerfield. Other communities include Ava, East Union, Harriettsville. A Map of Noble County, Ohio contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Noble County Townships include Beaver, Brookfield, Buffalo, Center, Elk, Enoch, Jackson, Jefferson, Marion, Noble, Olive, Seneca, Sharon, Stock, Wayne.
Noble County, Ohio Courthouse Records
Noble County, OH Courthouse
Noble County, OH Township Map
Please contact the each clerk's department to confirm mailing address, hours, fees and other information before visiting or requesting information because contact information sometimes changes. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. The documents are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Noble county. The date listed for each category of record is usually the earliest registration filed. The earliest date does not indicate that there are numerous records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually registered.
- Noble County Clerk of Probate Court has Marriage Records from 1851 and Probate Records from 1851. The County Clerk of Probate Court handles the probating of wills, estate administrations, trusts, guardianships, adoptions, birth corrections, delayed birth registrations and issues marriage licenses. The Probate Court is that the Probate Judge is the ex-officio Clerk of Courts, thus, the Court performs all the duties as its own Clerk of Courts.
- Noble County Recorder has Land Records from 1851. The County Recorder has the duty of keeping specific records which may include: deeds, mortgages, military discharges, plats, etc.
- Noble County Clerk of Court of Common Pleas has Court Records from 1851. The County Clerk of Court of Common Pleas is responsible for duties that include filing, docketing, indexing, and preserving all court pleadings for civil, felony criminal and domestic relations cases. Other services provided by the Clerk of Court of Common Pleas are administering oaths, keeping naturalization records, and recording and retention of coroner records.
- The Noble County Health Department has Birth & Death Records from 1908-Present. For birth and death records prior to Dec. 20, 1908, contact the Probate Court of this county.
Noble County, Ohio Census Records
- Learn More: State of Ohio Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Noble County, Ohio Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Ohio Vital Records
- Birth Records: from 1908 to present
- Marriage Records: None. See County Probate Court.
- Death Records: from 1954 to present
- Divorce Records: None. See County Clerk of Court of Common Pleas.
- Locations: Ohio Office of Vital Statistics, Ohio Local Health Departments
- Vital Records Online: USAVital, VitalChek or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
Noble County, Ohio Resources
- State of Ohio Archives and Societies
- RAOGK Volunteers for Ohio
- Noble County Chapter, OGS, PO Box 174, Caldwell, OH 43724-0174, Phone: 740-732-4506
- Noble County Historical Society
- Noble County, Ohio Message Boards
- Noble County, Ohio Genealogy Forum