Licking County, Ohio Genealogy Guide
|Other OH Resources|
|OH Birth, Death, Marriage, |
Divorce & Death Records
OH Ancestor Records
OH Military Databases
OH Data Collections
OH Historical Newspapers
Social Security Death Index
Create a Free Family Tree
Licking County is bordered by Knox County (north), Coshocton County (northeast), Muskingum County (east), Perry County (southeast), Fairfield County (southwest), Franklin County (west), Delaware County (northwest) .. A Map of Licking County, Ohio contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Licking County Cities and Towns include Alexandria, Buckeye Lake, Granville, Gratiot, Hanover, Hartford, Heath, Hebron, Johnstown, Kirkersville, Newark, New Albany, Pataskala, Reynoldsburg, St. Louisville, Utica . A Map of Licking County, Ohio contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Licking County Townships Include Bennington, Bowling Green, Burlington, Eden, Etna Township, Fallsbury, Franklin, Granville, Hanover, Harrison, Hartford, Hopewell, Jersey, Liberty, Licking, Madison, Mary Ann, McKean, Monroe, Newark, Newton, Perry, St. Albans, Union, Washington .
Licking County, Ohio Courthouse Records
Licking County, OH Courthouse
Licking County, OH Township Map
Please contact the each clerk's department to confirm mailing address, hours, fees and other information before visiting or requesting information because contact information sometimes changes. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. The documents are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Licking county. The date listed for each category of record is usually the earliest registration filed. The earliest date does not indicate that there are numerous records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually registered.
- Licking County Clerk of Probate Court has Marriage Records from 1809 and Probate Records from 1875. The County Clerk of Probate Court handles the probating of wills, estate administrations, trusts, guardianships, adoptions, birth corrections, delayed birth registrations and issues marriage licenses. The Probate Court is that the Probate Judge is the ex-officio Clerk of Courts, thus, the Court performs all the duties as its own Clerk of Courts.
- Licking County Recorder has Land Records from 1800. The County Recorder has the duty of keeping specific records which may include: deeds, mortgages, military discharges, plats, etc.
- Licking County Clerk of Court of Common Pleas has Court Records from 1809. The County Clerk of Court of Common Pleas is responsible for duties that include filing, docketing, indexing, and preserving all court pleadings for civil, felony criminal and domestic relations cases. Other services provided by the Clerk of Court of Common Pleas are administering oaths, keeping naturalization records, and recording and retention of coroner records.
- The Licking County Health Department has Birth & Death Records from 1908-Present. For birth and death records prior to Dec. 20, 1908, contact the Probate Court of this county.
Licking County, Ohio Census Records
- Learn More: State of Ohio Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1810 (destroyed), 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Licking County, Ohio Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Ohio Vital Records
- Birth Records: from 1908 to present
- Marriage Records: None. See County Probate Court.
- Death Records: from 1954 to present
- Divorce Records: None. See County Clerk of Court of Common Pleas.
- Locations: Ohio Office of Vital Statistics, Ohio Local Health Departments
- Vital Records Online: USAVital, VitalChek or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
Licking County, Ohio Resources
- State of Ohio Archives and Societies
- RAOGK Volunteers for Ohio
- Licking County Chapter, OGS
- Licking County Historical Society
- Granville Historical Society, 115 East Broadway , Granville, OH 43023
- Catholic Record Society
- West Licking Historical Society
- Licking County, Ohio Message Boards
- Licking County, Ohio Genealogy Forum
Licking County, Ohio External Links
- Historical Newspapers from Ohio (1802 - 1970)
- Licking County Obituaries & Death Notices 1880-1941 from the Granville Times
- The Newark Advocate (Newark, Ohio)
- The Advocate (Newark, Ohio)
- Newark Daily Advocate (Newark, Ohio)
- Daily Advocate (Newark, Ohio)
- Weekly Advocate (Newark, Ohio)
- Licking County, Ohio Books - Amazon
- Licking County Birth & Death Certificate Search
- Licking County Death Records 1874-1908
- Licking County Probate Records Index 1829-1904
- Licking Co., Ohio - FindaGrave
- The history of Granville, Licking County, Ohio
- Etna and Kirkersville
- Notes of the early history of Union Township
- History of the Welsh settlements in Licking County, Ohio
- Historical sketches of the Presbyterian churches (O.S.) in Licking County, Ohio
- Licking County, Ohio Links - Cyndi's List
- Licking Co. OHGenweb
- Licking County Genealogy Queries
- Licking County, Ohio Ancestry Database Collections
- Ohio Military Records
- Licking County, Ohio Farm Directory, 1915-20