Fulton County, Ohio Genealogy Guide
|Other OH Resources|
|OH Birth, Death, Marriage, |
Divorce & Death Records
OH Ancestor Records
OH Military Databases
OH Data Collections
OH Historical Newspapers
Social Security Death Index
Create a Free Family Tree
Fulton County is bordered by Lenawee County, Michigan (north), Lucas County (east), Henry County (south), Williams County (west), Hillsdale County, Michigan (northwest) .. A Map of Fulton County, Ohio contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Fulton County Cities and Towns include Wauseon, Archbold, Delta, Fayette, Lyons, Metamora, Swanton. Other communities include Include Pettisville . A Map of Fulton County, Ohio contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Fulton County Townships include Amboy, Chesterfield, Clinton, Dover, Franklin, Fulton, German, Gorham, Pike, Royalton, Swan Creek, York.
Fulton County, Ohio Resources
- State of Ohio Archives and Societies
- RAOGK Volunteers for Ohio
- Fulton County Chapter, OGS
- Fulton County Historical Society
- Fulton County Records Center, 152 S. Fulton Street - Admin. Bldg., Suite 55, Wauseon, OH 43567; Phone: 419-337-9262
- Fulton Co Historical Society Museum, 229 Monroe Street, Wauseon, OH 43567; 419-337-7922;
- Fulton County, Ohio Message Boards
- Fulton County, Ohio Genealogy Forum
Fulton County, Ohio Courthouse Records
Fulton County, OH Courthouse
AAAAA County, OH Township Map
Please contact the each clerk's department to confirm mailing address, hours, fees and other information before visiting or requesting information because contact information sometimes changes. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. The documents are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Fulton county. The date listed for each category of record is usually the earliest registration filed. The earliest date does not indicate that there are numerous records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually registered. Courthouse burned on July 16th, 1864,. some records destroyed. WILLS Copied from BARBER'S ABSTRACT BOOK For Fulton County, Ohio. As the First Court House in Fulton Co. was located in Ottokee, and made of wood, a fire broke out in the wooden courthouse about the night of July 14, 1864, and many of the early records were then destroyed. It seems that Judge Barber had made a personal record of the early wills, and the old book is referred to as "BARBER'S ABSTRACTS." It had been missing for many years, and in 1969, when items were removed from the secret Historical Room located on the second floor room of the courthouse the Judge's, the old will book was found. It is available at County Records Center
- Fulton County Clerk of Probate Court has Marriage Records from 1864 and Probate Records from 1853. The County Clerk of Probate Court handles the probating of wills, estate administrations, trusts, guardianships, adoptions, birth corrections, delayed birth registrations and issues marriage licenses. The Probate Court is that the Probate Judge is the ex-officio Clerk of Courts, thus, the Court performs all the duties as its own Clerk of Courts.
- Fulton County Recorder has Land Records from 1835. The County Recorder has the duty of keeping specific records which may include: deeds, mortgages, military discharges, plats, etc.
- Fulton County Clerk of Court of Common Pleas has Court Records from 1850. The County Clerk of Court of Common Pleas is responsible for duties that include filing, docketing, indexing, and preserving all court pleadings for civil, felony criminal and domestic relations cases. Other services provided by the Clerk of Court of Common Pleas are administering oaths, keeping naturalization records, and recording and retention of coroner records.
- The Fulton County Health Department has Birth & Death Records from 1908-Present. For birth and death records prior to Dec. 20, 1908, contact the Probate Court of this county.
AAAAA County, Ohio Census Records
- Learn More: State of Ohio Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
AAAAA County, Ohio Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Ohio Vital Records
- Birth Records: from 1908 to present
- Marriage Records: None. See County Probate Court.
- Death Records: from 1954 to present
- Divorce Records: None. See County Clerk of Court of Common Pleas.
- Locations: Ohio Office of Vital Statistics, Ohio Local Health Departments
- Vital Records Online: USAVital, VitalChek or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.