Slope County, North Dakota Genealogy Guide
|Other ND Resources|
| ND Birth, Death, Marriage, |
Divorce & Death Records
ND Ancestor Records
ND Military Databases
ND Data Collections
ND Historical Newspapers
Social Security Death Index
Create a Free Family Tree
Slope County, North Dakota (Map It) was created on January 14, 1915 from Billings County. The county was named for the Topographical feature within the county known as the Missouri Slope. Learn More About State of North Dakota History.
Slope County is bordered by Billings County (north), Stark County (northeast), Golden Valley County (northwest), Fallon County, Montana (west), Bowman County (south), Adams County (southeast), Hettinger County (east).
Slope County Cities and Towns include Amidon, Marmarth. A Map of Slope County, North Dakota contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Slope County, North Dakota Courthouse Records
Slope County, ND Courthouse
Please contact the each clerk's department to confirm mailing address, hours, fees and other information before visiting or requesting information because contact information sometimes changes. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. The documents are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Slope county. The date listed for each category of record is usually the earliest registration filed. The earliest date does not indicate that there are numerous records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually registered. Some records have been transferred to the State Archives and Historical Research Library.
- Slope County Register of Deeds / Recorder / Clerk of Courts has Marriage Records from 1915, Land Records from 1915, Probate Records from 1915 and Court Records from 1915. The County Register of Deeds / Recorder keeps a record of each patent, deed, mortgage, bill of sale and any document related to these transactions, insuring a permanent record of property ownership; Copies of divorce records. The County Clerk of Courts responsibilities include issuing Marriage Licenses and filing of Civil, Probate, Small Claims, Criminal Cases and Child Support Court Documents.
Slope County, North Dakota Census Records
- Learn More: State of North Dakota Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Indian Census Records: 1885-1940
- Territorial and State Censuses: 1885, 1915, 1925
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: None
- Union Veterans Schedules: None
Slope County, North Dakota Vital Records
- Learn More: State of North Dakota Vital Records
- Birth Records: from 1870 to present. The years 1870 to 1920 are incomplete.
- Marriage Records: from June 1958 to present
- Death Records: from 1893 to present. Years from 1894 to 1920 are incomplete.
- Locations: North Dakota Division of Vital Records
- Vital Records Online: USAVital, VitalChek or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate or Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: ND Department of Health, Division of Vital Records, 600 East Boulevard Avenue, Dept. 301, Bismarck, ND 58505-0200
Slope County, North Dakota Resources
- Unique Antique Car Museum
- Marmarth Historical Society, P. O. Box 93, Marmarth, ND 58643, 701-279-6996
- Slope County, North Dakota Message Boards
- Slope County, North Dakota Genealogy Forum read and post messages with other genealogy researchers for Slope County