McIntosh County, North Dakota Genealogy Guide
|Other ND Resources|
| ND Birth, Death, Marriage, |
Divorce & Death Records
ND Ancestor Records
ND Military Databases
ND Data Collections
ND Historical Newspapers
Social Security Death Index
Create a Free Family Tree
McIntosh County, North Dakota (Map It) was created on March 09, 1883 from Logan County. The county was named in honor of Edward H. McIntosh, a member of the Territorial Legislature. Learn More About State of North Dakota History.
McIntosh County is bordered by Logan County (north), LaMoure County (northeast), Dickey County (east), McPherson County, South Dakota (south), Campbell County, South Dakota (southwest), Emmons County (west).
McIntosh County Cities and Towns include Ashley, Venturia, Wishek, Zeeland.
McIntosh County Townships include Roloff. A Map of McIntosh County, North Dakota contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
McIntosh County, North Dakota Courthouse Records
McIntosh County, ND Courthouse
Please contact the each clerk's department to confirm mailing address, hours, fees and other information before visiting or requesting information because contact information sometimes changes. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. The documents are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in McIntosh county. The date listed for each category of record is usually the earliest registration filed. The earliest date does not indicate that there are numerous records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually registered. Some records have been transferred to the State Archives and Historical Research Library.
- McIntosh County Register of Deeds / Recorder / Clerk of Courts has Marriage Records from 1885, Land Records from 1883, Probate Records from 1883 and Court Records from 1883. The County Register of Deeds / Recorder keeps a record of each patent, deed, mortgage, bill of sale and any document related to these transactions, insuring a permanent record of property ownership; Copies of divorce records. The County Clerk of Courts responsibilities include issuing Marriage Licenses and filing of Civil, Probate, Small Claims, Criminal Cases and Child Support Court Documents.
McIntosh County, North Dakota Census Records
- Learn More: State of North Dakota Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Indian Census Records: 1885-1940, Eastern Cherokee - 1908-1910
- Territorial and State Censuses: 1885, 1915, 1925
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
McIntosh County, North Dakota Vital Records
- Learn More: State of North Dakota Vital Records
- Birth Records: from 1870 to present. The years 1870 to 1920 are incomplete.
- Marriage Records: from June 1958 to present
- Death Records: from 1893 to present. Years from 1894 to 1920 are incomplete.
- Locations: North Dakota Division of Vital Records
- Vital Records Online: USAVital, VitalChek or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate or Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: ND Department of Health, Division of Vital Records, 600 East Boulevard Avenue, Dept. 301, Bismarck, ND 58505-0200
McIntosh County, North Dakota Resources
- McIntosh County Historical Society, 615 Center Ave. N, Ashley, ND 58413, 701-288-3374
- McIntosh County, North Dakota Message Boards
- McIntosh County, North Dakota Genealogy Forum read and post messages with other genealogy researchers for McIntosh County