Eddy County, North Dakota Genealogy Guide
|Other ND Resources|
| ND Birth, Death, Marriage, |
Divorce & Death Records
ND Ancestor Records
ND Military Databases
ND Data Collections
ND Historical Newspapers
Social Security Death Index
Create a Free Family Tree
Eddy County, North Dakota (Map It) was created on March 09, 1885 from Foster County. The county was named in honor of Ezra B. Eddy, a Fargo banker and one of the territory's wealthiest citizens. Learn More About State of North Dakota History.
Eddy County Cities and Towns include New Rockford, Sheyenne.
Eddy County Townships include Bush, Cherry Lake, Columbia, Colvin, Eddy, Freeborn, Secure Site, Gates, Grandfield, Hillsdale, Lake Washington, Munster, New Rockford, Paradise, Pleasant Prairie, Rosefield, Sheldon, Superior, Tiffany. A Map of Eddy County, North Dakota contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Eddy County, North Dakota Courthouse Records
Eddy County, ND Courthouse
Please contact the each clerk's department to confirm mailing address, hours, fees and other information before visiting or requesting information because contact information sometimes changes. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. The documents are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Eddy county. The date listed for each category of record is usually the earliest registration filed. The earliest date does not indicate that there are numerous records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually registered. Some records have been transferred to the State Archives and Historical Research Library.
- Eddy County Register of Deeds / Recorder / Clerk of Courts has Marriage Records from 1887, Land Records from 1885, Probate Records from 1885 and Court Records from 1885. The County Register of Deeds / Recorder keeps a record of each patent, deed, mortgage, bill of sale and any document related to these transactions, insuring a permanent record of property ownership; Copies of divorce records. The County Clerk of Courts responsibilities include issuing Marriage Licenses and filing of Civil, Probate, Small Claims, Criminal Cases and Child Support Court Documents.
Eddy County, North Dakota Census Records
- Learn More: State of North Dakota Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Indian Census Records: 1885-1940, Eastern Cherokee - 1908-1910
- Territorial and State Censuses: 1885, 1915, 1925
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Eddy County, North Dakota Vital Records
- Learn More: State of North Dakota Vital Records
- Birth Records: from 1870 to present. The years 1870 to 1920 are incomplete.
- Marriage Records: from June 1958 to present
- Death Records: from 1893 to present. Years from 1894 to 1920 are incomplete.
- Locations: North Dakota Division of Vital Records
- Vital Records Online: USAVital, VitalChek or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate or Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: ND Department of Health, Division of Vital Records, 600 East Boulevard Avenue, Dept. 301, Bismarck, ND 58505-0200
Eddy County, North Dakota Resources
- Eddy County Museum & Historical Society, 6840 18th Street NE, New Rockford, ND 58356-1707, 701-947-5405
- Sheyenne Log Cabin Museum, 1226 1st Ave N, New Rockford, ND 58356-1415, 701-996-2316
- Eddy County, North Dakota Message Boards
- Eddy County, North Dakota Genealogy Forum read and post messages with other genealogy researchers for Eddy County