McKinley County, New Mexico Genealogy Guide
|Other NM Resources|
|NM Birth Records|
NM Marriage Records
NM Divorce Records
NM Death Records
NM Ancestor Records
NM Military Databases
NM Data Collections
NM Historical Newspapers
Social Security Death Index
Create a Free Family Tree
McKinley County, New Mexico (Map It) was created on February 23, 1899 from Bernalillo County. The county was named in honor of William McKinley, the twenty-fifth president of the United States. Learn More About State of New Mexico History
McKinley County Cities and Towns include Gallup.
McKinley County, New Mexico Courthouse Records
McKinley County, NM Courthouse
Old McKinley County, NM Courthouse
Please contact the each clerk's department to confirm mailing address, hours, fees and other information before visiting or requesting information because contact information sometimes changes. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. The documents are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in McKinley county. The date listed for each category of record is usually the earliest registration filed. The earliest date does not indicate that there are numerous records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually registered.
- McKinley County Clerks office has Marriage Records from 1901, Land Records from 1901 and Probate Records from 1901. The County Clerks office has land records, including deeds, mining records, surveys, and plats; marriage records; and some probate records. Also Military discharges, liens, mortgages, powers of attorney, and miscellaneous affidavits may be found there.
- McKinley County 11th District Court Clerk has many responsibilities which include courts of general jurisdiction, including probate and divorce, actions, as well as jury trials.
AAAAA County, New Mexico Census Records
- Learn More: State of New Mexico Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- Territorial Population Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: None
- Union Veterans Schedules: None
AAAAA County, New Mexico Vital Records
- Learn More: State of New Mexico Vital Records
- Birth & Death Records: from 1920 to present and delayed records since 1880.
- Marriage Records: None, See County Clerk's Office
- Divorce Records: None, See Magistrate Court's Office
- Locations: New Mexico Bureau of Vital Records
- Vital Records Online: USAVital, VitalChek or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: New Mexico Vital Records and Health Statistics, 1105 St. Francis Dr., Santa Fe, NM 87502; (505) 827-0121
McKinley County, New Mexico Resources
- Gallup Family History Center, 601 Susan Avenue, Gallup, New Mexico, 87301-5663. 87301-5663.
- Gallup Historical Society, Inc., 300 West Historic 66 Avenue, Gallup, New Mexico, 87301. Phone: 505-863-1363
- Ramah Family History Center, Tietjen St., Ramah, NM. Phone 505-783-4536
- Red Rock Historical Society, P.O. Box 328, Gallup, New Mexico, 87305-0328.
- Roman Catholic, Diocese of Gallup, 711 S. Puerco Dr., P.O. Box 1338, Gallup, New Mexico, 87305-1338.
- McKinley County, New Mexico Message Boards
- McKinley County, New Mexico Genealogy Forum read and post messages with other genealogy researchers for McKinley County