Douglas County, Nevada Genealogy Guide
|Other NV Resources|
|NV Birth, Death, Marriage,
Divorce & Death Records
NV Ancestor Records
NV Military Databases
NV Data Collections
NV Historical Newspapers
Social Security Death Index
Create a Free Family Tree
Douglas County, Nevada (Map It) was created on November 25, 1861 as an original county in the Nevada Territory. The county was named in honor of Stephen Arnold Douglas (1813–1861), former United States Senator from Illinois.. Learn More About State of Nevada History
Douglas County Cities and Towns include Gardnerville, Gardnerville Ranchos, Genoa, Glenbrook, Indian Hills, Johnson Lane, Kingsbury, Minden, Stateline, Topaz Lake, Zephyr Cove-Round Hill Village. A Map of Douglas County, Nevada contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Douglas County, Nevada Courthouse Records
Douglas County, NV Courthouse
Please contact the each clerk's department to confirm mailing address, hours, fees and other information before visiting or requesting information because contact information sometimes changes. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. The documents are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Douglas county. The date listed for each category of record is usually the earliest registration filed. The earliest date does not indicate that there are numerous records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually registered. In 1859, the county was part of Millard County, Utah, then added to Carson County.
- Douglas County Recorder has Birth / Death Records from 1885 and Land Records from 1855. The County Recorder is responsible for the recordation, scanning/microfilming, indexing and permanent storage of all Real Estate Transactions, Mining Claim Locations, Assessment work, Contracts, Leases, Judgments, Marriage Certificates, Fixture Filing Statements, Liens, Maps and all other Miscellaneous Documents.
- Douglas County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1862. The County Clerk is responsible for the issuance of all marriage licenses in the County.
- Douglas County Clerk of District Court has Probate Records from 1887 and Court Records from 1887. The County Clerk of District Court has jurisdiction over all Regular, Civil, Criminal, Probate, and Family courts.
Douglas County, Nevada Census Records
- Learn More: State of Nevada Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Indian Census Records: 1885-1940
- State Population Schedules: 1875
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Douglas County, Nevada Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Nevada Vital Records
- Birth & Death Records: from July 1, 1911 to the present
- Marriage & Divorce Records: None, See County Recorder and County Clerk
- Locations: Nevada Office of Vital Statistics, Nevada State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital, VitalChek or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Death Certificate , Marriage and Divorce Verification Applications.
- In Person: Office of Vital Records, 4150 Technology Way, Suite 104, Carson City, NV 89706