Clark County, Nevada Genealogy Guide
|Other NV Resources|
| NV Birth, Death, Marriage, |
Divorce & Death Records
NV Ancestor Records
NV Military Databases
NV Data Collections
NV Historical Newspapers
Social Security Death Index
Create a Free Family Tree
Clark County, Nevada (Map It) was created on February 5, 1909 from Lincoln County. The county was named in honor of William A. Clark (1839–1925), former United States Senator from Montana, and builder of a railroad line through the area.. Learn More About State of Nevada History
Clark County Cities and Towns include Boulder City, Henderson, Las Vegas (County seat), North Las Vegas, Mesquite. A Map of Clark County, Nevada contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Clark County, Nevada Courthouse Records
Clark County, NV Courthouse
Please contact the each clerk's department to confirm mailing address, hours, fees and other information before visiting or requesting information because contact information sometimes changes. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. The documents are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Clark county. The date listed for each category of record is usually the earliest registration filed. The earliest date does not indicate that there are numerous records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually registered.
- Clark County Recorder has Birth / Death Records from 1909 and Land Records from 1909. The County Recorder is responsible for the recordation, scanning/microfilming, indexing and permanent storage of all Real Estate Transactions, Mining Claim Locations, Assessment work, Contracts, Leases, Judgments, Marriage Certificates, Fixture Filing Statements, Liens, Maps and all other Miscellaneous Documents.
- Clark County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1909. The County Clerk is responsible for the issuance of all marriage licenses in the County.
- Clark County Clerk of District Court has Probate Records from 1909 and Court Records from 1909. The County Clerk of District Court has jurisdiction over all Regular, Civil, Criminal, Probate, and Family courts.
Clark County, Nevada Census Records
- Learn More: State of Nevada Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Indian Census Records: 1885-1940
- State Population Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: None
- Union Veterans Schedules: None
Clark County, Nevada Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Nevada Vital Records
- Birth & Death Records: from July 1, 1911 to the present
- Marriage & Divorce Records: None, See County Recorder and County Clerk
- Locations: Nevada Office of Vital Statistics, Nevada State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital, VitalChek or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Death Certificate , Marriage and Divorce Verification Applications.
- In Person: Office of Vital Records, 4150 Technology Way, Suite 104, Carson City, NV 89706
Clark County, Nevada Resources
- Clark County Heritage Center, 1830 S. Boulder Highway, Henderson, NV 89002-8502; (702) 455-7955
- Clark County Nevada Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 50569, Henderson NV 89016-0569
- Clark County, Nevada Message Boards
- Clark County, Nevada Genealogy Forum read and post messages with other genealogy researchers for Clark County