Valley County, Nebraska Genealogy Guide
|Other NE Resources|
| NE Birth, Death, Marriage, |
Divorce & Death Records
NE Ancestor Records
NE Military Databases
NE Data Collections
NE Historical Newspapers
Social Security Death Index
Create a Free Family Tree
Valley County, Nebraska (Map It) was created on March 01, 1871 from Unorganized area of the Nebraska Territory. The county was named for the many valleys in the area. Learn More About State of Nebraska History
Valley County Cities and Towns include Arcadia, Elyria, North Loup.
Valley County Townships include Arcadia, Davis Creek, Elyria, Enterprise, Eureka, Geranium, Independent, Liberty, Michigan, Noble, North Loup, Ord, Springdale, Vinton, Yale.
A Map of Valley County, Nebraska contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Valley County, Nebraska Courthouse Records
Valley County, NE Courthouse
Please contact the each clerk's department to confirm mailing address, hours, fees and other information before visiting or requesting information because contact information sometimes changes. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. The documents are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Valley county. The date listed for each category of record is usually the earliest registration filed. The earliest date does not indicate that there are numerous records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually registered.
- Valley County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1871. The County Clerk is responsible for Marriage Licenses and can also be expected to hold delayed birth registrations. Other records of interest to the researcher include military discharges, voter registrations, estray notices, marks and brands, physician’s registers, farm and ranch names, and school registers.
- Valley County Register of Deeds has Land Records from 1871. The County Register of Deeds is responsible for maintaining and securing the land records of the county. The duties include preserving of old land records and maintaining records that have been recorded which include, warranty deeds, mortgages, deeds of trust, plats and any other documents that affect a specific piece of land in the county.
- Valley Clerk of Courts has Probate Records from 1871 and Court Records from 1871. The Clerk of Courts duties include misdemeanor cases, including preliminary hearing in felony cases, civil cases involving less than $45,000, small claims involving less than 1871,400, probate, guardianship, conservatorship, adoption, and eminent domain and function as juvenile courts.
Valley County, Nebraska Census Records
- Learn More: State of Nebraska Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- State Population Schedules: 1860-1885, 1885
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Valley County, Nebraska Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Nebraska Vital Records
- Birth & Death Records: from late 1904 to present
- Marriage & Divorce Records: from January 1909 to present
- Locations: Nebraska Office of Vital Statistics
- Vital Records Online: USAVital, VitalChek or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Death Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Nebraska Health & Human Services System, Vital Records, 1033 “O” Street, Suite 130, Lincoln, Nebraska, Gold’s Galleria, 1st floor (11th & N Streets); PH (402) 471-2871