Dunklin County, Missouri Records
Dunklin County is bordered by Stoddard County (north), New Madrid County (northeast), Pemiscot County (east), Mississippi County, Arkansas (southeast), Craighead County, Arkansas (south), Greene County, Arkansas (southwest), Clay County, Arkansas (west), Butler County (northwest).
Dunklin County Cities and Towns include Arbyrd, Campbell, Cardwell, Caruth, Clarkton, Gibson, Gobler, Holcomb, Hollywood, Hornersville, Kennett (county seat), Malden, Rives, Senath, White Oak.
Dunklin County Townships include Arbyrd, Campbell, Cardwell, Clarkton, Gibson, Gobler, Holcomb, Hollywood, Hornersville, Kennett, Malden, Rives, Senath, White Oak.
A Map of Dunklin County, Missouri contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Dunklin County, Missouri Courthouse Records
Dunklin County, MO Courthouse
The Dunklin County Courthouse is located in Kennett, Missouri. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Dunklin county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
Fire destroyed this courthouse during the Civil War. Courthouse burned again in April 1872; this was the fire that destroyed all records.
- Dunklin County Recorder of Deeds has Marriage Records from 1872 and Land Records from 1859.
- Dunklin County Circuit Court Clerk / Probate Court Clerk has Probate Records from 1865 and Court & Divorce Records from 1872.
- Dunklin County Clerk of the Court has Birth & Death Records from ?.
- Dunklin County Tax Assessor Office is responsible for appraising and assessing real estate property and person property for the purpose of taxation as well as transferring ownership of real estate, and keeping real estate maps up to date.
- Local Records Inventory Database, produced by the Missouri Local Records Preservation Program, is a compilation of inventories of local government records identified as having permanent or enduring value and housed primarily in county and municipal offices, but includes some libraries, museums, and historical and genealogical societies that maintain government records. Not all Missouri offices have been inventoried.
- Dunklin County Health Department has Birth Certificates since 1920 and Death Certificates since 1980
Dunklin County, Missouri Census Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820
- State Population Schedules: 1844-1881
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Dunklin County, Missouri Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1910 to present
- Marriage Records: from July 1948 to present
- Divorce Records: from July 1948 to present
- Locations: Missouri Office of Vital Statistics
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth and Death Certificate, Marriage and Divorce Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, Bureau of Vital Records, Jefferson City, MO 65102, Telephone: 573-751-6387
Dunklin County, Missouri Resources
- RAOGK Volunteers for Missouri
- Dunklin County Genealogical Society, 226 North Main Street, Kennett, MO 63857; Phone: (573) 888-3561
- Campbell Area Genealogical& Historical Society, P.O. Box 401, Campbell, MO 63933-0401
- Malden Historical Museum
- Dunklin County, Missouri Message Boards
- Dunklin County, Missouri Genealogy Forum
Dunklin County, Missouri External Links
- Missouri Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Dunklin County, Missouri Books - Amazon
- Dunklin Co., Missouri - FindaGrave
- Guide to Dunklin County and Municipal Records on Microfilm - Missouri State Archives
- Missouri Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Dunklin County, Missouri Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Missouri (1808 - 1922)
- Dunklin Co. MOGenweb
- Dunklin County, Missouri Ancestry Database Collections
- Dunklin County, Missouri Military Records