Hubbard County, Minnesota Genealogy Guide
|Other MN Resources|
| MN Birth, Death, Marriage, |
Divorce & Death Records
MN Ancestor Records
MN Military Databases
MN Data Collections
MN Historical Newspapers
Social Security Death Index
Create a Free Family Tree
Hubbard County, Minnesota (Map It) was created on February 26, 1883 (Organized in 1887) from Cass County. The county was named in honor of Lucius Frederick Hubbard (1836-1913), editor of Red Wing Republican; state senator, 1872-1875; governor of Minnesota, 1882-87. Learn More About State of Minnesota History
Hubbard County Cities and Towns include Akeley, Laporte, Nevis, Park Rapids.
Hubbard County Townships include Akeley, Arago, Badoura, Clay, Clover, Crow Wing Lake, Farden, Fern, Guthrie, Hart Lake, Helga, Hendrickson, Henrietta, Hubbard, Lake Alice, Lake Emma, Lake George, Lake Hattie, Lakeport, Mantrap, Nevis, Rockwood, Schoolcraft, Steamboat River, Straight River, Thorpe, Todd, White Oak Townships.
A Map of Hubbard County, Minnesota contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Hubbard County, Minnesota Courthouse Records
Hubbard County, MN Courthouse
Old Hubbard County Courthouse
The Hubbard County Courthouse is located in Park Rapids, Minnesota. At some time Hubbard County was attached to Wadena County for county and or judicial purposes. Some early records may be found there. Partially destroyed by fire a few years after 1889. No records were destroyed Learn More About State of Minnesota Court, Tax, Land and Probate Records.
Please contact the each clerk's department to confirm mailing address, hours, fees and other information before visiting or requesting information because contact information sometimes changes. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. The documents are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Hubbard county. The date listed for each category of record is usually the earliest registration filed. The earliest date does not indicate that there are numerous records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually registered.
- Hubbard County Recorder has Birth / Death Records from 1885 / 1887, Marriage Records from 1884 and Land Records from 1883. The County Recorder is responsible for all the real estate records for properties located in the County. Permanent records of deeds, mortgages and other various real estate records are recorded/filed in this office. As Local Registrar, the office protects and issues certified copies of Birth and Death records, Marriage Certificates & Military Discharge Records.
- Hubbard County Court Administrator has Probate Records from 1884 and Court Records from 1884. The County Court Administrator maintains court files for Civil, Criminal, Traffic, Probate, Conciliation, Juvenile, Tax and Family Court matters.
- Hubbard County Treasurers Office is responsible for keeping a complete accounting of all monies collected and expended by all the county departments. This includes the investing of available funds and accurately distributing the interest received. The department is also responsible for the collection of taxes and distribution to the various taxing entities within the County.
Hubbard County, Minnesota Census Records
- Learn More: State of Minnesota Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- State Census Reconstructed Records: 1835-1890
- State Population Schedules: Territorial and State Censuses, 1849-1905
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: None
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Hubbard County, Minnesota Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Minnesota Vital Records
- Birth Records: from January 1900 to present
- Marriage Records: None Check with the Local County Registrar
- Divorce Records: None Check with the Local County Registrar
- Death Records: from January 1908 to present
- Locations: Minnesota Office of Vital Statistics, P.O. Box 64882, St. Paul, MN 55164; (651) 201-5970
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Death Certificates Applications.
Hubbard County, Minnesota Resources
- State of Minnesota Archives and Societies
- RAOGK Volunteers for Minnesota
- Hubbard County Genealogical and Historical Society
- Paul Bunyan Historical Society
- North Central Minnesota Historical Center
- Hubbard County, Minnesota Message Boards
- Hubbard County, Minnesota Genealogy Forum