West Feliciana Parish, Louisiana Genealogy Guide
|Other LA Resources|
| LA Birth, Death, Marriage, |
Divorce & Death Records
LA Ancestor Records
LA Military Databases
LA Data Collections
LA Historical Newspapers
Social Security Death Index
Create a Free Family Tree
West Feliciana Parish, Louisiana (Map It) was created on February 17, 1824 from Feliciana (old) Parish(Feliciana Parish was formed in 1810 from West Florida territory). The parish was named for Felicite de Gálvez, the wife of Bernardo de Gálvez, a Spanish governor of the Louisiana Territory. Learn More About State of Louisiana History.
West Feliciana Parish is bordered by Wilkinson County, Mississippi (north), East Feliciana Parish (east), West Baton Rouge Parish (south), Pointe Coupee Parish (southwest), Avoyelles Parish (northwest), Concordia Parish (northwest).
West Feliciana Parish Cities and Towns include St. Francisville.
A Map of West Feliciana Parish, Louisiana contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
West Feliciana Parish, Louisiana Courthouse Records
West Feliciana Parish, LA Courthouse
Please contact the each clerk's department to confirm mailing address, hours, fees and other information before visiting or requesting information because contact information sometimes changes. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. The documents are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in West Feliciana parish. The date listed for each category of record is usually the earliest registration filed. The earliest date does not indicate that there are numerous records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually registered.
- West Feliciana Parish Clerk of Court has Marriage Records from 1879, Land Records from 1811, Probate Records from 1900 and Court Records from 1900. The Parish Clerk of Court performs the functions of more than one office. As the Recorder, the office of the Clerk of Court receives, files, records and indexes all mortgages, conveyances and all other instruments recorded in the Public Records for the Parish. The Clerk’s Office receives and files all pleadings, such as petitions, answers, motions and other filings in Civil and Probate matters, as well as indictments, bills of information and other filings in Criminal matters. Another function of the Clerk’s Office is the issuance of Marriage Licenses and recording their returns after the marriages are performed.
West Feliciana Parish, Louisiana Census Records
- Learn More: State of Louisiana Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820, Census Substitutes Index, 1791-1890
- State Population Schedules: 1699 Through 1732
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
West Feliciana Parish, Louisiana Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Louisiana Vital Records
- Birth Records: from July 1914 to present
- Marriage Records: from 1914 to present
- Death Records: Certified copies available from the Clerk of the Court
- Divorce Records: Certified copies are available from the Clerk of the Court
- Locations: Louisiana Office of Vital Statistics, Louisiana State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth or Death Certificate Applications.