East Carroll Parish, Louisiana Genealogy Guide
|Other LA Resources|
| LA Birth, Death, Marriage, |
Divorce & Death Records
LA Ancestor Records
LA Military Databases
LA Data Collections
LA Historical Newspapers
Social Security Death Index
Create a Free Family Tree
East Carroll Parish, Louisiana (Map It) was created on March 28, 1877 from Carroll (Old) Parish (Carroll (Old) Parish was formed March 14, 1832, out of the northern part of the original Concordia Parish). The parish was named in honor of Charles Carroll of Carrollton, the last surviving signer of the U.S. Declaration of Independence. Learn More About State of Louisiana History.
East Carroll Parish is bordered by Chicot County, Arkansas (north), Issaquena County, Mississippi (east), Warren County, Mississippi (southeast), Madison Parish (south), Richland Parish (southwest), West Carroll Parish (west).
East Carroll Parish Cities and Towns include Lake Providence, Transylvania.
A Map of East Carroll Parish, Louisiana contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
East Carroll Parish, Louisiana Courthouse Records
East Carroll Parish, LA Courthouse
Please contact the each clerk's department to confirm mailing address, hours, fees and other information before visiting or requesting information because contact information sometimes changes. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. The documents are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in East Carroll parish. The date listed for each category of record is usually the earliest registration filed. The earliest date does not indicate that there are numerous records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually registered.
- East Carroll Parish Clerk of Court has Marriage Records from 1832, Land Records from 1832, Probate Records from 1832 and Court Records from 1832. The Parish Clerk of Court performs the functions of more than one office. As the Recorder, the office of the Clerk of Court receives, files, records and indexes all mortgages, conveyances and all other instruments recorded in the Public Records for the Parish. The Clerk’s Office receives and files all pleadings, such as petitions, answers, motions and other filings in Civil and Probate matters, as well as indictments, bills of information and other filings in Criminal matters. Another function of the Clerk’s Office is the issuance of Marriage Licenses and recording their returns after the marriages are performed.
East Carroll Parish, Louisiana Census Records
- Learn More: State of Louisiana Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: Census Substitutes Index, 1791-1890
- State Population Schedules: 1699 Through 1732
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
East Carroll Parish, Louisiana Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Louisiana Vital Records
- Birth Records: from July 1914 to present
- Marriage Records: from 1914 to present
- Death Records: Certified copies available from the Clerk of the Court
- Divorce Records: Certified copies are available from the Clerk of the Court
- Locations: Louisiana Office of Vital Statistics, Louisiana State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital, VitalChek or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth or Death Certificate Applications.
East Carroll Parish, Louisiana Resources
- Lake Providence Historical Society, 1002 South Lake St., Lake Providence, Louisiana 71254-2428
- East Carroll Parish, Louisiana Message Boards
- East Carroll Parish, Louisiana Genealogy Forum