Jerome County, Idaho Genealogy Guide
|Other ID Resources|
|ID Birth, Death, Marriage,
Divorce & Death Records
ID Ancestor Records
ID Military Databases
ID Data Collections
ID Historical Newspapers
Social Security Death Index
Create a Free Family Tree
Jerome County, Idaho (Map It) was created on February 8, 1919 from Gooding County and Lincoln County. Jerome County was named either for North Side Irrigation Project developer Jerome Hill, his son-in-law Jerome Kuhn, or his grandson Jerome Kuhn, Jr. Learn More About State of Idaho History
Jerome County Cities and Towns include Eden, Hazelton, Jerome.
Jerome County, Idaho Courthouse Records
Jerome County, ID Courthouse
Please contact the each clerk's department to confirm mailing address, hours, fees and other information before visiting or requesting information because contact information sometimes changes. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. The documents are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Jerome county. The date listed for each category of record is usually the earliest registration filed. The earliest date does not indicate that there are numerous records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually registered.
- Jerome County Clerk, Auditor, Recorders Office has Marriage Records from 1919, Land Records from 1919, Probate Records from 1918 and Court Records from 1884. The Recorder is responsible to keep records of all documents recorded in Adams County. Additionally, the Recorder’s office provides marriage licenses, processes passports and records land documents, including plat maps, surveys, easements, assertions of right-of-way, and some types of liens.
Jerome County, Idaho Census Records
Jerome County, Idaho Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Idaho Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from July 1911 to present.
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from May 1947 to present.
- Locations: Idaho Office of Vital Statistics, 450 W. State St., 1st Floor, Boise, ID 83720; (208) 334-5988
- Vital Records Online: USAVital, VitalChek or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth, Marriage, Divorce and Death Certificates Applications.