Bingham County, Idaho Genealogy Guide
|Other ID Resources|
| ID Birth, Death, Marriage, |
Divorce & Death Records
ID Ancestor Records
ID Military Databases
ID Data Collections
ID Historical Newspapers
Social Security Death Index
Create a Free Family Tree
Bingham County, Idaho (Map It) was created on January 13, 1885 from Oneida County. Bingham County was named in honor of Henry H. Bingham (1841-1912), a general in the American Civil War and a U.S. Congressman from Pennsylvania. Learn More About State of Idaho History
Bingham County Cities and Towns include Aberdeen, Atomic City, Basalt, Blackfoot, Firth, Shelley.
Bingham County, Idaho Courthouse Records
Bingham County, ID Courthouse
Please contact the each clerk's department to confirm mailing address, hours, fees and other information before visiting or requesting information because contact information sometimes changes. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. The documents are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Bingham county. The date listed for each category of record is usually the earliest registration filed. The earliest date does not indicate that there are numerous records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually registered.
- Bingham County Clerk, Auditor, Recorders Office has Marriage Records from 1865, Land Records from 1865, Probate Records from 1865 and Court Records from 1866 . The Recorder is responsible to keep records of all documents recorded in Adams County. Additionally, the Recorder’s office provides marriage licenses, processes passports and records land documents, including plat maps, surveys, easements, assertions of right-of-way, and some types of liens.
Bingham County, Idaho Census Records
- Learn More: State of Idaho Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: None
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Bingham County, Idaho Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Idaho Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from July 1911 to present.
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from May 1947 to present.
- Locations: Idaho Office of Vital Statistics, 450 W. State St., 1st Floor, Boise, ID 83720; (208) 334-5988
- Vital Records Online: USAVital, VitalChek or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth, Marriage, Divorce and Death Certificates Applications.
Bingham County, Idaho Resources
- Bingham County Historical Society
- Bingham County, Idaho Message Boards
- Bingham County, Idaho Genealogy Forum
- Bingham County, Idaho Mailing lists