Benewah County, Idaho Genealogy Guide
|Other ID Resources|
|ID Birth, Death, Marriage,
Divorce & Death Records
ID Ancestor Records
ID Military Databases
ID Data Collections
ID Historical Newspapers
Social Security Death Index
Create a Free Family Tree
Benewah County, Idaho (Map It) was created on January 23, 1915 from Kootenai County. Benewah County was named in honor of Benewah, chief of the Coeur d'Alene Tribe. Learn More About State of Idaho History
Benewah County Cities and Towns include Plummer, St. Maries, Tensed.
Benewah County, Idaho Courthouse Records
Benewah County, ID Courthouse
Please contact the each clerk's department to confirm mailing address, hours, fees and other information before visiting or requesting information because contact information sometimes changes. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. The documents are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Benewah county. The date listed for each category of record is usually the earliest registration filed. The earliest date does not indicate that there are numerous records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually registered.
- Benewah County Clerk, Auditor, Recorders Office has Marriage Records from 1915, Land Records from 1890, Probate Records from 1915 and Court Records from 1885. The Recorder is responsible to keep records of all documents recorded in Adams County. Additionally, the Recorder’s office provides marriage licenses, processes passports and records land documents, including plat maps, surveys, easements, assertions of right-of-way, and some types of liens.
Benewah County, Idaho Census Records
Benewah County, Idaho Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Idaho Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from July 1911 to present.
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from May 1947 to present.
- Locations: Idaho Office of Vital Statistics, 450 W. State St., 1st Floor, Boise, ID 83720; (208) 334-5988
- Vital Records Online: USAVital, VitalChek or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth, Marriage, Divorce and Death Certificates Applications.