Pasco County, Florida Genealogy Guide
|Other FL Resources|
| FL Birth, Death, Marriage, |
Divorce & Death Records
FL Ancestor Records
FL Military Databases
FL Data Collections
FL Historical Newspapers
Social Security Death Index
Create a Free Family Tree
Pasco County, Florida (Map It) was created on June 2, 1887 from Hernando County. Pasco County was named for Samuel Pasco (1834–1917), United States Senator at the time of creation of the county. Learn More About State of Florida History
Pasco County Cities and Towns include Dade City, New Port Richey, Port Richey, San Antonio, St. Leo, Zephyrhills.
A Map of Pasco County, Florida contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Pasco Co. Historical Events:
- This region was first visited by white men when Navae's army passed through in 1528.
- The Indian Population: at that time was small.
- White settlement amounted to little until after the Civil War.
- St. Leo's College, one of Florida's outstanding Catholic Schools, is located in Pasco County.
Pasco County, Florida Courthouse Records
Pasco County, FL Courthouse
Please contact the each clerk's department to confirm mailing address, hours, fees and other information before visiting or requesting information because contact information sometimes changes. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. The documents are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Pasco county. The date listed for each category of record is usually the earliest registration filed. The earliest date does not indicate that there are numerous records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually registered.
- Pasco County Clerk of the Circuit Court / County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1887, Land Records from 1876, Probate Records from 1882 and Court Records from 1887. The County Clerk of the Circuit Court / County Clerk is custodian of all records of all predecessor courts, whether justice of the peace, city, county, probate, civil, or criminal.
- Pasco County Tax Collector collects all real estate taxes including postponed and delinquent, all county revenues in addition to the research and issue tax deed applications. Our department is the holder of tax records and assessed values.
- Pasco County Health Department has copies of Birth & Death certificates. Also has computer access from 1917 to present for birth records for the entire state as well as births that occurred in this county.
Pasco County, Florida Census Records
- Learn More: State of Florida Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: Compiled Census and Census Substitutes Index, 1820-1890
- State Population Schedules: 1867-1945, 1885
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: None
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Pasco County, Florida Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Florida Vital Records
- Birth Records: from January 1917 to present.
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from June 6, 1927 to present.
- Death Records: from January 1917 to present.
- Locations: Department of Health, Bureau of Vital Statistics, P.O. Box 210, 1217 Pearl Street (Zip 32202), Jacksonville, FL 32231-0042; PH (904) 359-6900 Ext. 1029.
- Vital Records Online: USAVital, VitalChek or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
Pasco County, Florida Resources
- State of Florida Archives and Societies
- RAOGK Volunteers for Florida
- West Pasco Historical Society
- West Pasco County Genealogical Society
- Pasco County, Florida Message Boards
- Pasco County, Florida Genealogy Forum
- Pasco County, Florida Mailing lists