Hendry County, Florida Genealogy Guide
|Other FL Resources|
| FL Birth, Death, Marriage, |
Divorce & Death Records
FL Ancestor Records
FL Military Databases
FL Data Collections
FL Historical Newspapers
Social Security Death Index
Create a Free Family Tree
Hendry County, Florida (Map It) was created on May 11, 1923 from Lee County. Hendry County was named for Francis A. Hendry (1833–1917), early Floridian pioneer and politician. Learn More About State of Florida History
Hendry County is bordered by Glades County (north), Martin County (northeast), Okeechobee County (northeast), Palm Beach County (east), Broward County (southeast), Collier County (south), Lee County (west), Charlotte County (west).
Hendry County Cities and Towns include Clewiston, LaBelle.
A Map of Hendry County, Florida contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Hendry Co. Historical Events:
- LaBelle incorporated June 7, 1913.
- The first manufacture of sugar in Florida on large scale began by Southern Sugar Company at Clewiston, January, 1929.
Hendry County, Florida Courthouse Records
Hendry County, FL Courthouse
Old Hendry County Courthouse
Please contact the each clerk's department to confirm mailing address, hours, fees and other information before visiting or requesting information because contact information sometimes changes. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. The documents are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Hendry county. The date listed for each category of record is usually the earliest registration filed. The earliest date does not indicate that there are numerous records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually registered.
- Hendry County Clerk of the Circuit Court / County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1923, Land Records from 1923, Probate Records from 1923 and Court Records from 1923. The County Clerk of the Circuit Court / County Clerk is custodian of all records of all predecessor courts, whether justice of the peace, city, county, probate, civil, or criminal.
- Hendry County Tax Collector collects all real estate taxes including postponed and delinquent, all county revenues in addition to the research and issue tax deed applications. Our department is the holder of tax records and assessed values.
- Hendry County Health Department has copies of Birth & Death certificates. Also has computer access from 1917 to present for birth records for the entire state as well as births that occurred in this county.
Hendry County, Florida Census Records
- Learn More: State of Florida Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: None
- State Population Schedules: 1867-1945
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: None
- Union Veterans Schedules: None
Hendry County, Florida Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Florida Vital Records
- Birth Records: from January 1917 to present.
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from June 6, 1927 to present.
- Death Records: from January 1917 to present.
- Locations: Department of Health, Bureau of Vital Statistics, P.O. Box 210, 1217 Pearl Street (Zip 32202), Jacksonville, FL 32231-0042; PH (904) 359-6900 Ext. 1029.
- Vital Records Online: USAVital, VitalChek or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
Hendry County, Florida Resources
- State of Florida Archives and Societies
- RAOGK Volunteers for Florida
- Calusa Valley Historical Society, P. O. Box 818, LaBelle, FL 33935
- The LaBelle Heritage Museum
- Hendry County Historical Society, P.O. Box 1760, Labelle 33935-1760
- Hendry County, Florida Message Boards
- Hendry County, Florida Genealogy Forum
- Hendry County, Florida Mailing lists