Collier County, Florida Genealogy Guide
|Other FL Resources|
|FL Birth, Death, Marriage,
Divorce & Death Records
FL Ancestor Records
FL Military Databases
FL Data Collections
FL Historical Newspapers
Social Security Death Index
Create a Free Family Tree
Collier County, Florida (Map It) was created on May 8, 1923 from Lee County. Collier County was named for Barron Collier (1873–1939), an advertising entrepreneur who developed much of the land in southern Florida. Learn More About State of Florida History
Collier County Cities and Towns include Everglades City, Marco Island, Naples.
A Map of Collier County, Florida contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Collier Co. Historical Events:
- Visited by several early Spanish expeditions, it there lay virtually unknown to white men until Seminole War days. It had little development until the present century and has great possibilities.
Collier County, Florida Courthouse Records
Collier County, FL Courthouse
Old Collier County Courthouse
Please contact the each clerk's department to confirm mailing address, hours, fees and other information before visiting or requesting information because contact information sometimes changes. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. The documents are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Collier county. The date listed for each category of record is usually the earliest registration filed. The earliest date does not indicate that there are numerous records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually registered.
- Collier County Clerk of the Circuit Court / County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1923, Land Records from 1923, Probate Records from 1923 and Court Records from 1923. The County Clerk of the Circuit Court / County Clerk is custodian of all records of all predecessor courts, whether justice of the peace, city, county, probate, civil, or criminal.
- Collier County Tax Collector collects all real estate taxes including postponed and delinquent, all county revenues in addition to the research and issue tax deed applications. Our department is the holder of tax records and assessed values.
- Collier County Health Department has copies of Birth & Death certificates. Also has computer access from 1917 to present for birth records for the entire state as well as births that occurred in this county.
Collier County, Florida Census Records
- Learn More: State of Florida Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: None
- State Population Schedules: 1867-1945
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: None
- Union Veterans Schedules: None
Collier County, Florida Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Florida Vital Records
- Birth Records: from January 1917 to present.
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from June 6, 1927 to present.
- Death Records: from January 1917 to present.
- Locations: Department of Health, Bureau of Vital Statistics, P.O. Box 210, 1217 Pearl Street (Zip 32202), Jacksonville, FL 32231-0042; PH (904) 359-6900 Ext. 1029.
- Vital Records Online: USAVital, VitalChek or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.