Grand County, Colorado Genealogy Guide
|Other CO Resources|
| CO Birth, Death, Marriage, |
Divorce & Death Records
CO Ancestor Records
CO Military Databases
CO Data Collections
CO Historical Newspapers
Social Security Death Index
Create a Free Family Tree
Grand County, Colorado (Map It) was created on February 2, 1874 from Summit County. Grand County was named for the Grand River which originates in the county. The Grand River was renamed the Colorado River in 1921, but the county retains the original name.. Learn More About State of Colorado History
Grand County is bordered by Larimer County (northeast), Gilpin County (east), Boulder County (east), Clear Creek County (southeast), Summit County (south), Eagle County (southwest), Jackson County (northwest), Routt County (northwest).
Grand County Cities and Towns include Fraser, Granby, Grand Lake, Hot Sulphur Springs, Kremmling, Radium, Tabernash, Winter Park.
A Map of Grand County, Colorado contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Grand County, Colorado Courthouse Records
Grand County, CO Courthouse
Please contact the each clerk's department to confirm mailing address, hours, fees and other information before visiting or requesting information because contact information sometimes changes. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. The documents are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Grand county. The date listed for each category of record is usually the earliest registration filed. The earliest date does not indicate that there are numerous records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually registered.
- Grand County Clerk & Recorder has Marriage Records from 1881 and has Land Records from 1874?. The County Clerk & Recorder is responsible for recording deeds, marriage licenses, issuing passports, titling and registering automobiles, issuing driver's licenses, registering voters, administering elections and maintaining records for the Board of County Commissioners.
- Grand County Clerk of Courts has Probate Records from 1874? and has Court Records from 1874?.
- Grand County Health Department has Birth / Death Records from 1895–1908 / 1894–1907
Grand County, Colorado Census Records
- Learn More: State of Colorado Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- State Population Schedules: 1885
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Grand County, Colorado Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Colorado Vital Records
- Birth Records: from July 1910 to present.
- Marriage Records: None, but are available from the County Clerk of District Court.
- Death Records: from 1900 to present.
- Divorce Records: None, but are available from the County Clerk of District Court.
- Locations: Vital Records Section, Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, 4300 Cherry Creek Drive South, HSVRD-VS-A1, Denver, CO 80246-1530; PH (916) (303) 692-2224 General, (303) 756-4464 Information.
- Vital Records Online: USAVital, VitalChek or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Verification, Divorce Verification, Death Certificate Applications.
Grand County, Colorado Resources
- Grand County Historical Society
- Grand County, Colorado Message Boards
- grand County, Colorado Genealogy Forum
- Grand County, Colorado Mailing lists