Clear Creek County, Colorado Genealogy Guide
|Other CO Resources|
| CO Birth, Death, Marriage, |
Divorce & Death Records
CO Ancestor Records
CO Military Databases
CO Data Collections
CO Historical Newspapers
Social Security Death Index
Create a Free Family Tree
Clear Creek County, Colorado (Map It) was created on November 1, 1861 from Territory of Colorado. Clear Creek County was named for Clear Creek which originates in the county.Learn More About State of Colorado History
Clear Creek County Cities and Towns include Downieville-Lawson-Dumont, Empire, Georgetown, Idaho Springs, Silver Plume, St. Mary's.
A Map of Clear Creek County, Colorado contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Clear Creek County, Colorado Courthouse Records
Clear Creek County, CO Courthouse
Please contact the each clerk's department to confirm mailing address, hours, fees and other information before visiting or requesting information because contact information sometimes changes. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. The documents are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Clear Creek county. The date listed for each category of record is usually the earliest registration filed. The earliest date does not indicate that there are numerous records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually registered.
- Clear Creek County Clerk & Recorder has Marriage Records from 1864 and has Land Records from 1859. The County Clerk & Recorder is responsible for recording deeds, marriage licenses, issuing passports, titling and registering automobiles, issuing driver's licenses, registering voters, administering elections and maintaining records for the Board of County Commissioners.
- Clear Creek County Clerk of Courts has Probate Records from 1861 and has Court Records from 1861.
- Clear Creek County Public and Environmental Health has Birth / Death Records from 1902–07; In County Archives in Georgetown.
Clear Creek County, Colorado Census Records
- Learn More: State of Colorado Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- State Population Schedules: 1885
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Clear Creek County, Colorado Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Colorado Vital Records
- Birth Records: from July 1910 to present.
- Marriage Records: None, but are available from the County Clerk of District Court.
- Death Records: from 1900 to present.
- Divorce Records: None, but are available from the County Clerk of District Court.
- Locations: Vital Records Section, Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, 4300 Cherry Creek Drive South, HSVRD-VS-A1, Denver, CO 80246-1530; PH (916) (303) 692-2224 General, (303) 756-4464 Information.
- Vital Records Online: USAVital, VitalChek or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Verification, Divorce Verification, Death Certificate Applications.
Clear Creek County, Colorado Resources
- Clear Creek County, Colorado Message Boards
- clearcreek County, Colorado Genealogy Forum
- Clear Creek County, Colorado Mailing lists