Boulder County, Colorado Genealogy Guide
|Other CO Resources|
| CO Birth, Death, Marriage, |
Divorce & Death Records
CO Ancestor Records
CO Military Databases
CO Data Collections
CO Historical Newspapers
Social Security Death Index
Create a Free Family Tree
Boulder County, Colorado (Map It) was created on November 1, 1861 as one of the 17 original counties of the Territory of Colorado. Boulder County was named for the abundance of granite boulders along Boulder Creek.Learn More About State of Colorado History
Boulder County Cities and Towns include City of Boulder, Erie, Jamestown, Lafayette, Longmont, Louisville, Lyons, Nederland, Superior, Ward.
A Map of Boulder County, Colorado contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Boulder County, Colorado Courthouse Records
Boulder County, CO Courthouse
The Boulder County Courthouse is located in Boulder, Colorado. Boulder was called Jackson County when it was part of Jefferson Territory. Learn More About State of Colorado Court, Tax, Land and Probate Records.
Please contact the each clerk's department to confirm mailing address, hours, fees and other information before visiting or requesting information because contact information sometimes changes. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. The documents are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Boulder county. The date listed for each category of record is usually the earliest registration filed. The earliest date does not indicate that there are numerous records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually registered.
- Boulder County Clerk & Recorder has Marriage Records from 1864 and has Land Records from 1864. The County Clerk & Recorder is responsible for recording deeds, marriage licenses, issuing passports, titling and registering automobiles, issuing driver's licenses, registering voters, administering elections and maintaining records for the Board of County Commissioners.
- Boulder County Clerk of Courts has Probate Records from 1864 ; Estate files from 1862 are housed at the Colorado State Archives. and has Court Records from 1864.
- Boulder County Public Health has Birth / Death Records from 1880–1909 / 1880–1903 ; City Hall in Boulder.
Boulder County, Colorado Census Records
- Learn More: State of Colorado Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- State Population Schedules: 1885
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Boulder County, Colorado Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Colorado Vital Records
- Birth Records: from July 1910 to present.
- Marriage Records: None, but are available from the County Clerk of District Court.
- Death Records: from 1900 to present.
- Divorce Records: None, but are available from the County Clerk of District Court.
- Locations: Vital Records Section, Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, 4300 Cherry Creek Drive South, HSVRD-VS-A1, Denver, CO 80246-1530; PH (916) (303) 692-2224 General, (303) 756-4464 Information.
- Vital Records Online: USAVital, VitalChek or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Verification, Divorce Verification, Death Certificate Applications.
Boulder County, Colorado Resources
- Boulder Genealogical Society
- Boulder Historical Society
- Longmont Genealogical Society
- Longmont Heritage Association, 375 Kimbark St., Longmont, CO 80501-5524
- Palatines to America, Colorado Chapter
- Boulder County, Colorado Message Boards
- boulder County, Colorado Genealogy Forum
- Boulder County, Colorado Mailing lists