Adams County, Colorado Genealogy Guide
|Other CO Resources|
| CO Birth, Death, Marriage, |
Divorce & Death Records
CO Ancestor Records
CO Military Databases
CO Data Collections
CO Historical Newspapers
Social Security Death Index
Create a Free Family Tree
Adams County, Colorado (Map It) was created on April 15, 1901 from Arapahoe County. Adams County was named in honor of Alva Adams, the 5th, 10th, and 14th Governor of the State of Colorado.. Learn More About State of Colorado History
Adams County is bordered by Weld County (north), Morgan County (northeast), Washington County (east), Arapahoe County (south), City & County of Denver (south), Jefferson County (west), City & County of Broomfield (northwest).
Adams County Cities and Towns include Arvada, Aurora, Bennett, Brighton, Commerce City, Federal Heights, Northglenn, Strasburg, Thornton, Westminster.
A Map of Adams County, Colorado contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Adams County, Colorado Courthouse Records
Adams County, CO Courthouse
Please contact the each clerk's department to confirm mailing address, hours, fees and other information before visiting or requesting information because contact information sometimes changes. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. The documents are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Adams county. The date listed for each category of record is usually the earliest registration filed. The earliest date does not indicate that there are numerous records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually registered.
- Adams County Clerk & Recorder has Marriage Records from 1902 and has Land Records from 1902. The County Clerk & Recorder is responsible for recording deeds, marriage licenses, issuing passports, titling and registering automobiles, issuing driver's licenses, registering voters, administering elections and maintaining records for the Board of County Commissioners.
- Adams County Clerk of Courts has Probate Records from 1902 and has Court Records from 1902.
- Tri-County Health Department has Birth / Death Records from 1902–06
Adams County, Colorado Census Records
- Learn More: State of Colorado Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- State Population Schedules: 1885
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Adams County, Colorado Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Colorado Vital Records
- Birth Records: from July 1910 to present.
- Marriage Records: None, but are available from the County Clerk of District Court.
- Death Records: from 1900 to present.
- Divorce Records: None, but are available from the County Clerk of District Court.
- Locations: Vital Records Section, Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, 4300 Cherry Creek Drive South, HSVRD-VS-A1, Denver, CO 80246-1530; PH (916) (303) 692-2224 General, (303) 756-4464 Information.
- Vital Records Online: USAVital, VitalChek or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Verification, Divorce Verification, Death Certificate Applications.
Adams County, Colorado Resources
- Adams County Historical Society
- Aurora Genealogical Society
- Aurora Historical Society, 1629 Galena St, Aurora, Colorado 80010-2220
- Brighton Genealogy Society, 343 S. 21st Street, Brighton CO 80601-2525
- Colorado Cornish Cousins, 7385 Dover St, Arvada, CO 80005-4258
- Adams County, Colorado Message Boards
- adams County, Colorado Genealogy Forum
- Adams County, Colorado Mailing lists