Perry County, Arkansas Genealogy Guide
|Other AR Resources|
| AR Birth, Death, Marriage, |
Divorce & Death Records
AR Ancestor Records
AR Military Databases
AR Data Collections
AR Historical Newspapers
Social Security Death Index
Create a Free Family Tree
Perry County, Arkansas (Map It) was created on December 18, 1840 and was formed from Conway County. Other county boundry changes occured when Line with Pulaski, Saline, and Montgomery defined 23 December 1846, old line with Montgomery re-established 21 December 1848, line with Yell defined 8 April 1891. Perry County was named in honor of Oliver Hazard Perry (1785–1819), a naval officer in the War of 1812. Learn More About State of Arkansas History
Perry County Cities and Towns include Adona, Bigelow, Casa, Fourche, Houston, Perry, Perryville.
A Map of Perry County, Arkansas contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Perry County, Arkansas Courthouse Records
Perry County, AR Courthouse
The Perry County Courthouse is located in Perryville, Arkansas. It was reported one small chancery volume saved in the 1881 fire and the records complete from that time. Learn More About State of Arkansas Court, Tax, Land and Probate Records.
Please contact the each clerk's department to confirm mailing address, hours, fees and other information before visiting or requesting information because contact information sometimes changes. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. The documents are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Perry county. The date listed for each category of record is usually the earliest registration filed. The earliest date does not indicate that there are numerous records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually registered.
- Perry County Clerk of Circuit Court has Court Records from 1882, Land Records from 1882 and Divorce Records are maintained among the equity records (Divorces issued prior to 1950 are located here. Divorces issued after 1950 can be found at the Arkansas Department of Public Health. The County Clerk of Circuit Court is the clerk of the circuit, chancery court, and juvenile court and usually acts as the ex-officio recorder of the county. The duties of the clerk are to maintain a record of all proceedings of the circuit, chancery and juvenile courts and to prepare the dockets for courts. They are also the ex-officio county recorder; and is responsible for recording deeds, mortgages, liens, and surety bonds, and many other orders and instruments which involve property within the county.
- Perry County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1882 and has Probate Records from 1882. The County Clerk, as clerk to the probate court, the clerk files all instruments making them a matter of record in descendent estate cases, and swears in all witnesses in contested estates. The clerk, also in this capacity, maintains all records relative to adoptions and guardianship cases.
- Perry County Assessor's Office maintains County tax records. These records are usually arranged by legal description and are not indexed.
- Perry County Health Department
Perry County, Arkansas Census Records
- Learn More: State of Arkansas Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: Compiled Census and Census Substitutes Index, 1819-1870
- State Population Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Perry County, Arkansas Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Arkansas Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from February 1, 1914 to present.
- Marriage Records: from January 1917 to present.
- Divorce Records: from January 1923 to present. Full certified copy may be obtained from the County Circuit or Chancery Clerk.
- Locations: Arkansas Office of Vital Records, 4815 W. Markham Street, Slot 44, Little Rock, AR 72205; (602) 364-1300, 501-661-2336, 800-637-9314
- Vital Records Online: USAVital, VitalChek or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
Perry County, Arkansas Resources
- River Valley Genealogy Society
- Perry County Historical & Genealogical Society, P. O. Box 156, Perryville, Arkansas 72126
- Ark-La-Tex Genealogical Association, Inc
- Max Milam Branch Library
- Perry County, Arkansas Message Boards
- Perry County, Arkansas Genealogy Forum
- Perry County, Arkansas Mailing lists