Nevada County, Arkansas Genealogy Guide
|Other AR Resources|
| AR Birth, Death, Marriage, |
Divorce & Death Records
AR Ancestor Records
AR Military Databases
AR Data Collections
AR Historical Newspapers
Social Security Death Index
Create a Free Family Tree
Nevada County, Arkansas (Map It) was created on March 20, 1871 and was formed from Hempstead County, Columbia County and Ouachita County, Nevada. Other county boundry changes occured when Line with Columbia defined 19 April 1873. Nevada County was named for the state of Nevada. Learn More About State of Arkansas History
Nevada County Cities and Towns include Bluff City, Bodcaw, Cale, Emmet, Prescott, Rosston, Willisville.
A Map of Nevada County, Arkansas contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Nevada County, Arkansas Courthouse Records
Nevada County, AR Courthouse
The Nevada County Courthouse is located in Prescott, Arkansas. Records complete from the organization of the county, but "for want of adequate vault space the records are only in a fair state of preservation. Learn More About State of Arkansas Court, Tax, Land and Probate Records.
Please contact the each clerk's department to confirm mailing address, hours, fees and other information before visiting or requesting information because contact information sometimes changes. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. The documents are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Nevada county. The date listed for each category of record is usually the earliest registration filed. The earliest date does not indicate that there are numerous records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually registered.
- Nevada County Clerk of Circuit Court has Court Records from 1871, Land Records from 1871 and Divorce Records are maintained among the equity records (Divorces issued prior to 1950 are located here. Divorces issued after 1950 can be found at the Arkansas Department of Public Health. The County Clerk of Circuit Court is the clerk of the circuit, chancery court, and juvenile court and usually acts as the ex-officio recorder of the county. The duties of the clerk are to maintain a record of all proceedings of the circuit, chancery and juvenile courts and to prepare the dockets for courts. They are also the ex-officio county recorder; and is responsible for recording deeds, mortgages, liens, and surety bonds, and many other orders and instruments which involve property within the county.
- Nevada County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1871 and has Probate Records from 1871. The County Clerk, as clerk to the probate court, the clerk files all instruments making them a matter of record in descendent estate cases, and swears in all witnesses in contested estates. The clerk, also in this capacity, maintains all records relative to adoptions and guardianship cases.
- Nevada County Assessor's Office maintains County tax records. These records are usually arranged by legal description and are not indexed.
- Nevada County Health Department
Nevada County, Arkansas Census Records
- Learn More: State of Arkansas Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: None
- State Population Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Nevada County, Arkansas Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Arkansas Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from February 1, 1914 to present.
- Marriage Records: from January 1917 to present.
- Divorce Records: from January 1923 to present. Full certified copy may be obtained from the County Circuit or Chancery Clerk.
- Locations: Arkansas Office of Vital Records, 4815 W. Markham Street, Slot 44, Little Rock, AR 72205; (602) 364-1300, 501-661-2336, 800-637-9314
- Vital Records Online: USAVital, VitalChek or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
Nevada County, Arkansas Resources
- Nevada County Depot and Museum
- Nevada County, Arkansas Message Boards
- Nevada County, Arkansas Genealogy Forum
- Nevada County, Arkansas Mailing lists